• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M578 running

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We took a bit of time today to fire the 578, hadn't been warmed up in a couple of years, so, here it is! There are a couple of things that need to be looked at, the volt and OP gauge are non-op and we want to power up the crane end of the vehicle, but will wait until it is not the wet season....if we have one, and can get it to the shop. Other projects in the works. I DID find out that I can post directly to YouTube from my PHONE! Imagine that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odg7ZtFchT0

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

i had one of those as part of det-5. I used to love the sound of the turbo on that big Detroit when you got on the throttle. The road oilers sound sexy as he!! 0n start up but soon start to be a noisy old nag once you put your foot down and work them. I still find my self around a lot of 6v's in big 60 ton fork lifts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks