• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 cover on an M1008

shotty

I was planning on building some wood sides for the 1008 anyways, and then I got to thinking... and then I got to measurin.... Pretty sure the trailer boughs and cover can be made to work on the pickup without too much difficulty. Note that I'm not trying to adapt the trailer sides to the truck as that would be a medium sized can of worms. I will make custom wood sides and figure out how to mount the roof boughs to them.

The trailer bough supports, the vertical metal channels that the roof boughs sit in that also slide into the trailer bed, measure 96 inches from the front of the trailer to the back of the trailer. The Pickup bed stake pockets are 95 1/4 inches. Close enough to make work with a bit of planning in the wood cutting. The width is more of an issue. The trailer is 65 3/4 inches between the bough supports on the inside. The truck bed is 67 inches between the stake pockets. It will require a bit of spacing with some wood but again, I think I can make this work.

The pickup bed extends a bit beyond these measurements whereas the trailer doesn't, but thats ok. There is plenty of adjustability in the cover flaps to let them bow out a bit at the bottom.

I'm sure this has been done before, but I wanted to post here and see if anyone had anything to add, or if anyone has any pictures to share.

Last edited:

shotty

Man that looks really good, thanks you for sharing. He widened the bows an inch and moved one of the support braces an inch, which matches up with my measurements. I want to try and keep the supports in the same position they would be with the trailer though, so the cover fits correctly. His looks a little loose.

Gimpyrob check your voicemail, someone might have left you a message looking for trailer sides for a project like this ��

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got it.

Been slammed at work, not off for a while, even have to work Christmas eve.

Will return call when I have a chance.

shotty

Just about done. Need to bolt up some corner brackets for the wood tailgate and tidy up the ropes, but the covers on and fits great!

XPmwNlclWTVrCZUzdAtvOhjGJop10kbuupaqm9xNS-W6RoGNfegFDpQGTHWptgnLYUqEjZ9WQtd9-ZnODQCQ_m_lbblZePeE.jpgunknown.jpgNoyqgfsJ6DT54W_B6Dn0Iwkn2G-cpVyNmnQ5lUYkflqOLEYuL-eoA1LJOduhb2UrImASJuaXKpHUwmA6Nz923pA9QW0ZFBiK.jpgCkkQEPl3XqmDv6eGyeoGfCzlYGdpw8G7yqcF-6YRBiIxriMcZqhsIYIYnRWtFC_IrSj5o5H5fnznx5jb9sOFQ8Vx752TgIJo.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks