• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter problem

snowtrac nome

I would be the local rebuilder I have replaced the drive once all ready I will be pulling it out in the morning and see if I can see why the bendix wont swing out enough to catch the flywheel ring gear. Last time I was in it I didn't see any adjustment for the lever like on some other starters I have worked on. We will see now what kind of damage has happened to the bendix in 4 weeks.

snowtrac nome

Found the problem the fork that swings the bendix in was bent it was restricting throw by about 3/8 of an inch. I bent things back but when in anchorage I will order another 150.00 drive and a release fork from the rebuilder I got the last one from. I also will pick up a new cat starter and this one will be rebuilt and put on the shelf for the day when I need it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks