• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 M101A1 USA number sample

CW5Muttchief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1968 M101A1 USA number sample and wiring harness

Have purchased a 1968 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer for my 51 M37. It has a good data plate with serial number but want to complete unit markings with a format for the USA number for the series. Mfg by Case Master Body in Holland, MI. Serial number is 8462, delivery date 10/68.

Does anyone have a M101 that could give me an idea what the USA number would have been.

Also, looking for wiring harness for the M101A1, does anyone have the NSN or suggestion...will M105A1 harness work?

I also own a '74 M151A2 and '85 (I think) M416A1 trailer, using 2nd Cav livery. 1/4 ton trailer is 6J8591...I assume 3/4 ton would be different....but what is it.....Help please.

Thanks and again, Merry Christmas all!

Derek Stewart
CW5 (R)
Schertz, TX 78154

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site!

I will look for some photos of my trailer, but the basic numbering system is the same. Unit and serial (license) number that is painted / vinyl letters on various areas of the trailer depending on the unit (command discretion).

If you send me your email, I'll send you the photos. My email is below.

Storm Stevenson
skkc@frontier.com

Pat Gray

Hi Derek,
I have a M101A1 Mfg by Case Master Body Inc of Holland, Michigan and the date of delivery 8/68 s/n 6754 and the USA number is: 066U0568
Hope this helps.
Pat

CW5Muttchief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still looking for pics of M101/M101A1 in mid to late 6's 24087 paint to place white star and registration number. Have had no luck with later issues of TB 43-0209. Thanks to all who have previously replied.

Pat Gray

Hope these pics will help, Over the years I have seen them marked in different places. My trailer was marked up front on both sides and the center of the tailgate.trailer1.jpgm101a1.jpg These are not mine,

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The drawing is from the 1968 USMC markings manual. Not sure when the large white star use was halted (I think after Vietnam), but I have seen photos of it on the front side panel (where the unit and vehicle no. markings are in the below drawing) and the center of the tailgate.

1968 USMC trailer markings.jpg M101 markings.jpg

Pat Gray

Yes, you are right. The white star was halted after Vietnam. I have noticed that if the tailgate on the M101A1 and the M101A2 (M101A2 was for the CUCV ect.) was dropped it would hit the lifting rings on the frame of the trailer and dent the tailgate and of corse take the paint with it. I would be safe to say that the center for the markings would last longer in the middle without hitting anything when the tailgate was dropped. As for the wiring harness for the trailer you can make your own. I made mine and was not hard to do.
Hope this helps,

CW5Muttchief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pat Gray n Trail Boss, thanks guys. Knew about chg from white to subdued, just location has been a frustration. Big help. Ty

Pat, would you send a close up of M37 troop strap loop on rails so I can clearly see loop location as well as the retainer for the troop seats when folded. My M37 is a 51 rewired to M37B1.

Thanks again

Guyfang

Staff member
Have purchased a 1968 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer for my 51 M37. It has a good data plate with serial number but want to complete unit markings with a format for the USA number for the series. Mfg by Case Master Body in Holland, MI. Serial number is 8462, delivery date 10/68.

Does anyone have a M101 that could give me an idea what the USA number would have been.

Also, looking for wiring harness for the M101A1, does anyone have the NSN or suggestion...will M105A1 harness work?

I also own a '74 M151A2 and '85 (I think) M416A1 trailer, using 2nd Cav livery. 1/4 ton trailer is 6J8591...I assume 3/4 ton would be different....but what is it.....Help please.

Thanks and again, Merry Christmas all!

Derek Stewart
CW5 (R)
Schertz, TX 78154
Chief,

You told us what model trailer you have, (M101A1) but to tell you a NSN and or part number for the wire harness, we need to know if the trailer has been upgraded. Does the trailer have composite light? Or the old style, (without blackout break lights)? Lots of the trailers got upgraded, but not all.

The TM for the M101 trailer is in the TM forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks