• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"THE BUTTON" (A0) engine start defeat

coachgeo

all's good for me. (for now) but another's plight made me wonder....... if you have an unknown truck delivered to you (or someone wanted to help and messed around in the Power Distribution Panel) and said truck ends up one with a no start senario (tries; but no go) there is lots of things to check...... but how do you check to see if "THE BUTTON" has not been pushed; beyond the... push it again to see if it will start? IMHO that sets up a confusing..... break in the chain of chasing gremlins cause it could be it is pushed AND something else would have caused no start anyway.

can you measure power getting/not getting to something that will show button has been pushed thut she is in the defeat mode? If recall right this button cuts power to a fuel solenoid? If so where is that so can determine if it is getting voltage or not.

UPDATE- saw a post elsewhere that the button resets back to normal start mode with the next cycle of the dash power switch. Can anyone verify this?

Last edited:

Ronmar

You turn the main switch on and press the start inhibit button once. This sets a latching relay(you can hear it click) and the vehicle will crank but not start untill you turn off the main switch, which releases the latched start inhibit relay...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks