• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 - Why is my Transfer Lever Stuck in the Neutral Position?

hungryhungarianz

I need some help :tigger:. After some work done on the Engine and Now she purring like a kitten. I try to move it forward but it wont move. aua Trying to lift up the transfer lever to engage it wont lift up? The truck has sat for 15-20 years? Anyone can explain what is going on?

hungryhungarianz

At the bottom of the lever , from there to the transfer case under the cab .

You probably should download the TM's for your truck.
M135 & M211 TM's

Thanks. I have the manuals but sometimes they are not that helpful. I disconnected the lever from the cab to the lever under. And i am trying to move it but it was really not moving up or down. Could it be possible its stuck in neutral inside the transfer case?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the Hydramatic shifting into all 4 gears when you accelerate? You can also verify the transfer is in neutral by spinning the jackshaft by hand, if you can spin it at all, yes the transfer is in neutral.

hungryhungarianz

Is the Hydramatic shifting into all 4 gears when you accelerate? You can also verify the transfer is in neutral by spinning the jackshaft by hand, if you can spin it at all, yes the transfer is in neutral.
I can accelerate the engine with no problem. Its not moving the truck and when placed into gear it doesn't move. Which one is the jack shaft?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much oil, water, tea, or eggnog came out of that transfer case when you checked levels? Have soldier B move that lever and tell us what it does at the TC. It even tells us in the manual that it will stick so the 70 year old linkage may be worn enough its not doing its job.

Truck off, ensure TC plunger engages, try again.

hungryhungarianz

Well good news. I opened the plug and the oil was not too bad. No eggnog, tea or water came out. I added some more oil and i worked the joints with some good ole WD40 hit it with the hammer a couple of times and crow bar force and bang boom!!!!#$%$*@*@*#

It came loose and now i can lift it up and down and it engages the t case. So now im off to the brakes to make it work before i engage it in GO MODE and rip of my garage door like the looney tunes. Cheers and God bless

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!:beer::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks