• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought some 98% take-offs, and noticed the 8 bolt wheels.

Tnkr59

Bought some 98% take-offs, now for wheels

In my other thread it was pointed out that I had the Bias Ply Tires, and I knew that two were shot so I bought some take-offs.
During my reading here I noticed the information on the different wheels and I really hoped I had some 12 bolt wheels out on the hmmwv. Nope, 8 bolt.
I talked to Eastern Surplus, and they have 24 bolt wheels at a great price: $49ea.
But the shipping is double the cost of each wheel. Has anyone here found a better option?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Feltz Tire, they are closer to you. Needs to go 4 on pallet motor freight not UPS etc. Pick up at terminal to save on freight.

papakb

For a basic 998 truck the 12 bolt wheels are fine. When they started trying to make the HMMWVs into armored reconnaissance cars they had to upgrade the wheels to 24 bolt to give them more rigidity to handle the additional weight load and while they look pretty cool I wonder if they're worth the hassle when mounting tires?

Tnkr59

From what I’ve read, the 12 & 24 bolt wheels are good with the Radials. It’s the 8 bolts that are supposed to run lower pressure.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Shipping on some hmmwv wheels from TN to a terminal in Billings is $215. Shipping into Montana or most of those northern states is pretty pricey.

Costs the same to ship 4, 8 or 12 wheels on the same pallet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks