• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering pump leaking

snowtrac nome

Don’t have any right now. Wheelspinner has a parts truck in NC I believe.
We have some c7 powered kw trucks in our fleet they are the same pumps used on commercial applications any hydraulic shop should be able to id the manufacture and model of the pump and get you a rebuild kit which should consist of some seals a relief valve and O-rings.

reelclassic

Superman - you have always been a big help. I think I found two on ebay with the number you provided. It looks like they are advertised under "power steering pump M1080". Will you take a look and see if you think
its the correct one. Thanks for your time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not start duplicate or multiple threads for the same thing.

It's against the rules.

Continue your ongoing thread.

reelclassic

Sorry for posting thread again. Someone else on the forum suggested that my old tread was not specific enough in the heading. I reposted it with a more specific heading.
Thanks for your concern.

wandering neurons

Did you ever find a pump? I got a used one from Suprman a couple of years ago for the Cat 3116 in my LMTV (M1081). It's been kept out of the weather since then, still dirty but I never installed it on my truck. $100 includes shipping. You need to make sure that the pump you need is the same, I don't see what model and year your truck is, or which motor you have. The pump I have is a Sunstrand A17L34011, Date 96 K 01
BTW, I've still got a small leak, but not from the pump itself, it's from the connections on top of the pump, the line coming from the reservoir. There's a couple of seals on that that could be bad, or just loose connections. Try tightening those first, though they're hard to get a wrench on.

IMG_4374.jpgIMG_4375.jpg

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There are several pumps on Ebay for $300 using part # 12414372-001

or contact Danfoss directly and see what they can do for you as far as a rebuild kit goes.

reelclassic

I may be referring to the steering pump incorrectly. I think the leak is coming from the gear box connected to the steering control arm (Drivers side front - tucked behind front bumper). I also have a worn bushing on the control arm where it attaches to the gear box.
Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts?
Thanks

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steering box I have available in a couple weeks (I have to move the hulk one more time to it’s final resting place and need the steering) The other piece is the drag link, I will only have that used. They are available NOS from a few places.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks