• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help needed in identifying an M151 in Italy

Hi All,
I have posted a pix of an M151 (The sale ad says it is an M151A1) which has come up for sale here in Italy. While I agree that side lights/turn indicators are as per European requirement, I am a bit confused by the absence of the original small lights on the fender - if it really is an M151A1. Also, did any year model before A2 come with single windshield? What year model could this be?

Please enlighten me!
Anith
Rome, Italy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

redlight

This is not a True Military standard M-151. It maybe an later heavy metal unit shaped like a M-151, that used the running gear from a Mil spec M151. Key indicators for me is the missing arc where your feet would go entering and exit the jeep. Also square corner on the front fenders.

hambone

Looks like an A1, probably a 64-67, no signs of an early 151, more pics needed to determine that, it has had some metal work on the lower side panels, looks like square tubing. These jeeps were prone to rust, make sure you inspect the underbody.

Last edited:

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure to inspect the frame rails just in front of the seat area. Some of these jeeps de-milled were cut in half there. Then re welded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks