• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB PRC-117D battery box

papakb

Does anyone on the forum know where I might find a PRC-117D battery box? Any configuration will do as I want to turn it into a vehicle power adapter. Dead batteries, corroded, as long as the case is intact it'll work for my project.

Thanks in advance

Wire Fox

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't this be compatible with a standard wide-body battery box that's also used on the PRC-113, PRC-138, PRC-150, and similar? If so, eBay can set you up pretty quickly and cheaply. If it's not, I'd start with Murphy Surplus. He seems to keep around some "old junk" that he doesn't list. A defective battery pack useful only for gutting out is exactly such an item he might have. He was able to set me up with a few dead BB-490s I was able to rebuild and use with an outdated [but still useful] vehicle power adapter he had.

papakb

WireFox, the 117A-D series radios all have a single xx90 battery in the battery box unlike the later radios like the PRC-113, 117F, 138, and 150 that all use the dual width battery boxes. These older series radio battery boxes have become pretty hard to find. There are plenty of the plastic boxes kicking around for the newer radios but even their metal ones are starting to get scarce.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is probably not it, but its different that the current stuff
DSC_01215.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks