• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Really stupid wiper question

warcow105

Any tricks to getting the wiper blades to work well? I just replaced mine and on both sides the center of the blade isn't making good contact. I really loosened them up so they are extra floppy for now and it helped a bit, but this can't be as good as they get.

Thanks
Mike

warcow105

Everything seems tight and moves correctly, the wiper blades are just not making good contact in the center. Exactly how loose or tight are the screws that hold the blades supposed to be?

Mike

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you bend the arm slightly tward the glass to provide extra pressure in the middle?

warcow105

The spring seems fairly strong, but maybe these new blades are stiffer and it could use a bit more pressure. I will give the arms a little bend and see if it helps.

Mike

Dock Rocker

The only way to get them to work really well is to take them off the truck and throw them in the trash. Then cal Kascar or Adventure Accessories and order a set of H1 blades and arms.

It’s literally one of the best mods I have done to my truck.

Also get some rained and slather it on the windshield. That helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a upgrade I have been planning on myself. I put civi blades on my M35A2 years ago and it was a huge difference. Your right, a good coat of RAIN-X make the wipers almost useless.
The only way to get them to work really well is to take them off the truck and throw them in the trash. Then cal Kascar or Adventure Accessories and order a set of H1 blades and arms.

It’s literally one of the best mods I have done to my truck.

Also get some rained and slather it on the windshield. That helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are wiper blade helpers that are essentially a spring to add pressure. They fit over the arm assembly of some vehicles.

Amaz0m has them under the following:

"RoadPro V-9009B Black Windshield Wiper Huggies, (Pack of 2) "

There are various configurations. Find the one best for you.

Not stock, but easy and simple and helps until you can purchase the correct equipment.

Best,

T

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks