• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M871 Suspension Parts

kstate90

I was hauling hay with my Southwest Trailer M871 yesterday when I left the field with the last load I dropped the left side in the ditch. The U bolts that secure the spring stacks to the trunnion axle broke on that side. I made it about a half mile and went to turn the corner and broke the right side U bolts and the axle assembly dog legged and stopped me right in the middle of the intersection. We were able to unload the trailer and picked the back of the trailer up with the three point on the tractor. This allowed us to use chains and boomers to secure the axle to the trailer so we could pull it the two miles to my house. We had to release the brakes on the front axle as the lines were knocked off the pots.

I need the the four I bolts that secure the springs to the trunnion. Does anyone know where I can buy those. I have an Inland Truck parts near me. I know they make u bolts but thought there might be some place that sold them.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have never seen them on Ebay or anywhere for that matter. Nothing special about them. Probably would be about the same cost if you found them someplace with shipping.

kstate90

Thanks everyone. I found the parts description and will probably just have Inland make me new u bolts. I wasn't sure if these were a common part or military specific but I found the parts descriptions online and see that it is just a standard Hutch suspension system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks