• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving M932 form Florida to Vermont

ackermann9

Hey guys,
I bought a M932 down in Florida and would like to know costs for shipping it to Vermont by the end of January. I may drive it, but I'm just looking for some solid estimates.
Thanks
Ian

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
From what zip code to zip code. Florida is a big state and its location depends on what you will get it moved for. Moving to the NE is expensive but if the 932 is in a dead zone like Miami or along the panhandle you might get it moved for a decent price since fuel costs are dropping.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
you can click on the link on one of the pages that United States of Freight that has an advertisement on here. They may be able to find you something for a backhaul rate.

Can get it moved for around $2.65 a mile @ the 1520 miles. Seems steep but the 95 corridor tolls aren't too kind.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I vote for driving it home if you like adventures and if you’re buying it from someone who has fully serviced it and put some miles on it. Haul it if it’s an unknown auction truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I vote for driving it home if you like adventures and if you’re buying it from someone who has fully serviced it and put some miles on it. Haul it if it’s an unknown auction truck.
It's a 932. Better have a good chiropractor on call for when you get home. Cause i95 thru SC and NC is a brutal son of a gun

ackermann9

Hey Guys,
So I ended up shipping my M923 up to Vermont on Friday and it's supposed to be there tomorrow morning first thing. Problem is, is that it's supposed to be 5 below zero for the first half of the morning tomorrow... Any extra tips and tricks to get it fired up and off the truck. Hopefully I can get it going, it's coming from Florida so the diesel has no additives, hopefully the coolant isn't just water.... Thought of all this after I sent it on the truck... haha But at least my back is good, I can't afford a chiropractor, spent it all on this toy!

The plan is to add some additive to the diesel and cut it with kerosine and then drain off a few gallons of coolant and put in some straight. The intake is right behind the cab right? The snorkel looking thing. Thanks!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strong batteries and an operational ether start assist will get it started. As for the fuel, add some Power Service winter additive just to be safe. As for the coolant, as long as the previous owner did not dilute/drain it you'll be good. Need to confirm the coolant asap upon delivery.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Little ether and itll fire if the fuel system is in good shape. If its sucking any air itll be a pita to get it fired off.

ackermann9

We got the old girl going this morning with the help of some heat! Around 15 below this morning. She definitely needs a bath sometime soon when it warms up! But she's home! ..Screenshot_20190107-173851_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20190107-120532_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20190107-120532_Messages.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I'm a newbie to these big rigs, but now I want a whole fleet of them! It's a M923... Thanks guys!
Glad you got it home! I love the 939 series trucks. Be prepared to buy some bigger tools if you’ve never owned a 5-ton. A 3/4” drive sockets set, big impact gun, big jack, big jack stands, etc will make repairs easier and safer. Have fun!

ackermann9

Yeah we have most of the stuff at our farm already but it never hurts to have extra! I know the weight plate on the truck itself says it will hold 10,000 pounds. But I plan on putting 16,000 pounds of raw sap in the back in a big tank. Got to make syrup when the sun shines!

But I do have to replace a front seal of some kind before that I guess...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks