Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another 803 No Start

Thanks
    Thanked 4,167 Times in 2,069 Posts

OK, I am up a wile longer. Its 21:11. I will keep an eye out for your posts.

Private
    Thanks

So neither the non-starting PU or the working PU show voltage at the MPU when controlled by S1. The working unit fired up when testing and it still showed no voltage while running. I'm confused. Just making sure, this is the MPU, correct?
    20190106_141931.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StVeronus For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (01-06-2019)

Thanks

Yes, that's the MPU. And you did measure at the two wires going into the MPU? MPU means Magnetic Pick up. And yes, I had someone measure the two wires going into the control panel. We liked to never got that straight! And you have to get AC voltage on those two wire for the set to start, excite and produce voltage. So if you didn't get that on the working set, you are doing something wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (01-06-2019)

Private
    Thanks

I did measure the wires coming out of the MPU. I made sure the meter was working as well by testing the house mains voltage and it showed 120v. Not sure why these are both showing no voltage. I will pull and inspect just to see. Then it is a wrap for today's session.

Thanks

OK, and you should get the voltage with S10 also. I forgot to say that. The MPU produces its own voltage, so its not dependent on the set. And its only in extream cases that the MPU will keep the set from starting. Mostly you find the starter grinding, or no excitation, as the problem.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (01-06-2019)

4 Star General
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StVeronus View Post
    Hi SS,

I have purchased a PU with dual 803's. The first I did oil/fuel/filters/hoses/batteries and it started right up. This unit started and ran in the auction. The second unit was "non-running" as the fuel lines were too rotted. I replaced the lines/oil/filters/batteries and tried to start it. It will crank, but won't start/run. I don't see any exhaust (black/white smoke) out the stack. The gauges all look good, new fuel, the solenoid moves when put to start, I get oil pressure, no dummy lights on panel, and the fuse is good. I have let the pumps go for about 5 minutes and get a decent flow out of the tank return line. I tried cracking the injector pump lines, but don't see fuel shooting out, just a slow seep. This is the same for all 4 injector pumps. I do have flow out of the banjo after the fuel filter housing prior to the injector pumps. I read thru the TM's, but didn't see the procedure for troubleshooting the injector pumps. Any advice?

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Sounds like the injector pumps are gummed up. If you take the hard lines off and you're not getting a good shot of fuel out, than that's the problem. Leave the pumps in place and take the top of the pump off (it takes a 3/4 wrench) but be careful because there is a spring and washer in there. Then spray carb cleaner into the pump and let it sit. Turn the motor over with the dead crank and spray carb cleaner in it again. Hopefully that will loosen them up and you can put them back together and it will run. The plunger inside the pump gets stuck and will not push fuel to the injectors.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jamawieb For This Useful Post:

bosko (01-08-2019), Farmitall (01-06-2019), Guyfang (01-07-2019), Light in the Dark (01-06-2019), StVeronus (01-06-2019), uniquify (01-07-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2