• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Airpack brass

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to figure out the sizes and types of all brass fittings on the airpack, the prior owner/s buggered the threads.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Airpack fittings

I recently started rebuilding parts of my 1966 M35A2. When I was disassembling the Airpack I noticed the brass fitting that connects to the master cylinder was messed up. I have taken the fitting to many shops that specialize in fittings none of them could find anything that would work!! The only size they could come up with is "5/16 bsp 1/4-19 inverted flare" Aparently this is something that cannot be made or ordered any more. Does anyone know where I can find this fitting?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would look up the nsn in the parts tm.

Post it, and maybe we can help you find it(if you can't)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, do not post multiple threads for the same thing.

Continue your original.

I've merged them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One last suggestion, attach pictures. Do not use links.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a parts diagram figure 177 parts 21,22,23. I cannot find anywhere to purchase Adapter, Straight, Tube To Boss P/N 1093798. I'm debating taking the discription information to a hydraulic shop to see if they can make it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a parts diagram figure 177 parts 21,22,23. I cannot find anywhere to purchase Adapter, Straight, Tube To Boss P/N 1093798. I'm debating taking the discription information to a hydraulic shop to see if they can make it.

It looks like this came up a few years ago with no source.
brake line fittings

Edit : Equipment Parts sales says they have them , however I have not had the greatest experience with them in the past.

http://web-equipmentpartssales.grandcentr.al/inventory/5284150

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the fittings are BSP, that is Brittish Standard Pipe. All are NTP to inverted flare

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had no problems finding new fittings for everything used on Deuces at my local Parker distributor: All-Hose. If a shop says that they don't know what kind of fittings they're looking at, then obviously they don't know how to open up a Parker catalog.

The only fittings I've had trouble finding have been for the flame heater mounting on the intake manifold.

For the most part, as Will stated, you're looking at just a few common types of hose fittings used on these trucks: NPT (National Pipe Thread), Flare/Inverted Flare (typically used with ferrules/crush collars), and AN-type (no crush collar/ferrule).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks