• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt shafts problem

Tom0351

If you have a truck shop or dealer in your town or nearby; Peterbuilt, kenworth, International etc. Or a truck drivetrain shop go make a visit to the parts dept. these parts are not military specific and they will get the parts you need. Bring in your parts and they will match them up for you.

toudi

Thank you Guys, all of you
I will replace all u joints to prevent this situation in the future.
What I understand there is two type u joints 280x ( transmission to transfer case ,and transfer case to axle 2 and 3 )
and 279x (axle 1 to 2 , and 3 to 4 ? )

toudi

Your seal would be item #13 , 113514 which has the NSN 5330-01-157-0897. Or #2AG761, directly from Oshkosh Corp.

If I need replace this oil seal ( 3 axle out yoke) , do I need to remove axle cover and do it from inside , or I can do this from yoke side ?
thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks