• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMV Build

cruzinz28

Well, I decided to start a new thread, but will include a link to my old thread in case anyone wants to look back at the upgrades I have already done.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?157155-1991-M998-Upgrade-Build

This process will be slow, but at least I've finally started it. Here is what took place over the weekend:

Removed
- Soft Top and C-Pillar

Installed
- new C-Pillar
- D-Pillars
- Rear Slats

Next weekends goals:
- remove windshield
- remove B-Pillar
- Install Hard Top Windshield
- Set Roof on

04.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

cruzinz28

Well, we made a lot of progress Sunday. First hard top install so it went a little slow, but I only have a few more holes to drill, finish assembly at the B-Pillar and I should have my mock up complete. Then its a matter of disassembly for a little paint work and bring things over to the new windshield from the old one.

I have till June 19th to get it at least road worthy for a test drive... my daughter asked for her annual ride to the last day of school and my youngest daughter has been hounding every weekend to go for ice cream.

4-14-2019.jpg4-14-2019 - 2.jpg

cruzinz28

Well, it was a solo work day Friday and Saturday for me with the wife and kids out of town.

Big thanks to Lionel for being on call to answer my turret questions!

Doors and strikers mounted, Weapon Mounts installed, Turret Installed, C-Pillar and D-Pillars bolted down.

Still need to get the strip that holds the gasket to the windshield for the hardtop and secure the B-Pillar covers.

IMG_6733.jpgIMG_6731.jpgIMG_6738.jpgIMG_6739.jpgIMG_6725.jpg

cruzinz28

Just a couple more pictures

IMG_6741.jpgIMG_6743.jpgIMG_6745.jpg

Oh, and after I get all this done the project saga continues... swapping radio setup out for a Sincgars setup with Blue Force Tracker, fab mount for similar rear seats, install deck extension, GMV Tool Box.... it never ends when its an addiction I guess

cruzinz28

Looking for a Parts/install TM for the AN/VAS DVE system. I have a power cable to plug into the screen but it has three wires.

Red w/ in-line fuse
Black
Green

want to make sure I hook this up right to see if the screen or the eye/sensor works

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks