• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 TX MV Rally

m715mike

I'm coming again, too! Probably with my USAF flight line van (from Lackland/Kelly AFB in San Antonio) and a M101 or M1101 trailer.

I was hoping you would make it. But, if you show up with only two wheeled vehicles, we might think something is wrong!

I am totally coming and bring the family! I'll take leave and come down from Hood. I'll bring some stuff to trade off etc, I have desert radar net to get rid of and some mil parts I got traded. I'll post a list if anyone wants, I don't charge much I'm a pay it forward kinda guy.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Sir. See you in March.

k10greene

I'm going to be in Amarillo for the next four months and I'm loving Texas so far. I don't have an m/v but I would love to come if that's ok. I also have weekends off if anyone needs a hand with anything I'm far from home and would be overjoyed to help just for something to do.

Barrman

OK. Just checking since some people don't understand how far apart some things are around here. We had a guy years ago on this forum from your part of the country that was flying to San Antonio for business. He started posting about how he was going to come see me, a member in Temple, another near Dallas and a few in Houston all in one afternoon. He just never really looked at the map to understand.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There's a pretty good likelihood you all will see me there on Friday night until super early Sunday. I must be 1500 miles away on Tuesday morning so I will be moving out smartly.

MB is still in GA and won't get it until April so no MV this year.

Working on the likely probability I'll be there si I'll start working a list of stuff I got. Still doubt I can haul and get rid of all of it this year so there will be next year also.

Barrman

Awesome Carnac. I guess whoever is first with stuff to sell needs to start a Rally for sale or barter thread. It will be another week before I can look at my stuff and see if I want to part with anything.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome Carnac. I guess whoever is first with stuff to sell needs to start a Rally for sale or barter thread. It will be another week before I can look at my stuff and see if I want to part with anything.
That would be helpful, I have some stuff to get rid of but nothing like a vendor. I mean like 15 things max lol.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things I am bringing, some new and some take off. Some are great condition and some will help someone who is in a pinch.
IMG_20190118_154620.jpg 2X 24VDC cab remote GOlight spot lights
IMG_20190118_154711.jpg 2X west coast style mirrors, they are used and kinda scared but work still no cracks.
IMG_20190118_154850.jpg Brand new in box ( I opened it for the picture) M35A2 (i think) speedo.
IMG_20190118_154955.jpgIMG_20190118_154959.jpg Working (tested) Parker 24VDC in tank fuel pump.
IMG_20190118_155043.jpg Dash bulbs and red covers (used) free to someone who needs them.
IMG_20190118_155121.jpg Used temp gauge.
IMG_20190118_155131.jpg Read break light 24VDC, free if someone needs it.
IMG_20190118_155227.jpg Strait style hood latches I bought by mistake as the M35A2 uses the bent style.
IMG_20190118_155350.jpg Random starter switches and military connectors.
IMG_20190118_155531.jpgIMG_20190118_155534.jpg Brand new in box M35A2 drivers side window.
IMG_20190118_155948.jpgIMG_20190118_160027.jpg Used without poles desert gen 4 radar scattering net, looks to all be there but I have no where to sprawl it out so we can at the rally.

Well that is what I am bringing more or less, PM me if you want any of it.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

COUNT ME IN...... just down the road, probably need to fire up the 1009 sometime in the near future to see what needs fixing..... other the stuff I already know about.... stupid fuse box!!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I'll be healed up by then. I was a passenger in an auto accident Jan 27 and sustained a deep sternum bruise (feels like I've been kicked in the chest by a mule). Currently can't pick up more than about 5lbs without really feeling it. That makes getting ready a bit tough.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I'll be healed up by then. I was a passenger in an auto accident Jan 27 and sustained a deep sternum bruise (feels like I've been kicked in the chest by a mule). Currently can't pick up more than about 5lbs without really feeling it. That makes getting ready a bit tough.
WOW

Prayers UP for your perfect healing and restoration.

m715mike

Mark, I’m sorry to hear it. I hope you heal quickly with as little discomfort as possible!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks