• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hella h4 conversion or truck-lite style led?

warcow105

Since the retrofit source had the morimoto sealed7 1.0 on clearance for $75 each I said what the **** and got a pair. I have used morimoto hid projectors to retrofit other vehicles with great results, but these led units left me unimpressed. Hopefully their 2.0 version is better, but I'm not spending $250 each.
Between truck-lite style led and hella h4 conversion what would you choose? Overly blue light throws off my vision at night, but I found a set of Truck-lite knockoffs for under $100 that are 5600k color temperature which is better for me.

Thanks,
Mike

JoeJrTheBarber

If your talking headlights I went with a 24volt Truck-Lite "spotlight" and used them as headlights.
Work super well and were a 1/4 of what a dual beam "headlight" costs..

DREDnot

I went with trucklite headlites as I like the look of them.
tru.jpg

If I wasnt, I would find some Cibie "E-code" H4 conversion lights. Hella is dot crap nowadays

$_57c.jpg
$(KGrHqUOKooFHnhQVE98BR6+L+6tgw~~60_57.jpg

I used to run hella E-codes that weren't bad, but Cibies throw light better IMO

00000_bnQjBAsfXDx_1200x900.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For the cost difference, Id go with the H4 conversion. Ive had both and the led is nice, but not worth the price difference imho.

warcow105

I won't be putting spotlights in as headlights, seems a bit rude to the other drivers lol.
I was mainly looking at the truck-lite that has the split across the center.

Mike

papakb

I've been running a pair of Hella H4's in my truck for 18 years now. Great lights, 24 volt, and DOT compliant.

pjwest03

The H4's work perfectly well for me. The price of the LED's is too much for not enough gain over the H4. The price difference buys a lot of H4 bulbs. Just running the H4's is like upgrading from kerosene lamps.

warcow105

I will give one of the h4 conversions a shot. I need a lot of light that isn't blue. The beam on these morimoto sealed7 1.0 units isn't that bad, but it's too blue which makes them harder for me to see with.

Mike

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the Cibies H4, they where ok, but not bright enough for me with the original bulbs, so I used the 24V 90/100 bubs, much better.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you search online, 24V H4 100/90 you should find them for about $12.00 each

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not have any issues, the wires are pretty hefty, mind you someone might chime in and prove me wrong...

warcow105

Ok, got the cibies and 75w bulbs installed. A huge improvement over stock. I didn't do a comparison against the LED units I had installed which are fairly bright, but the fact that these aren't blue means I can see so much better. Might upgrade to the 100w bulbs, but for now I'm happy.

Thanks guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks