• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 mirrors

Zt4pl3

Just got a new M1009 and am coming up with a to do list of small things to fix. Are these side mirrors supposed to be static, or are mine just rusted into place? I haven't built up the courage to give them a really hard push but it seems like they cant be moved.

cucvrus

I have had the mirrors that they want to flop back and forth on the door from slamming the door. I do an easy fix and adjust them remove the lower cover drill an 1/8" hole in the adjustment tube and bracket. I then pop an aluminum rivet in the hole and it holds. And if it does encounter something it just shears the rivet off and I replace it as needed. That mirror design is old school. But it works. Good Luck.

Keith_J

There is 3/8" or 10mm head screw which adjusts the tension of the in/out movement (vertical axis). I suspect rust as the tube is carbon steel and there is a nylon bushing which is clamped by this screw. The mirror also adjusts for up/down aim but to get to that one, you have to replace the glass as it is glued in place. You could try a heat gun on the glass but I fear 7 years bad luck if you try.

Zt4pl3

Well thankfully the up/down is stuck about where I want it anyway, so that part works out. I'll open them up and see how bad that screw looks. Thanks for the quick help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks