• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805B/806B and MEP-831A owners... take a peek

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received an email from a manufacturer who supplied parts for these gensets, that I would like to pass forward to the forum. Perhaps some of you can take advantage of their offerings (I have nothing to do this with company, nor any financial gain from it... they had actually reached out to a CL ad I have up for a machine as they are local to me).

"Hello! I see that you do a lot of work with the TQGs. I’m an Applications Engineer with Governors America Corp, located in Agawam, Mass. We produce most of the electronic controls that you’ll find in the MEP-805b and 806b, as well as the governor and actuator in the 3kW MEP-831A.

As a service through our sister company (Hawkeye Innovation), we retrofit 3kW through 60kW TQGs with modern electronics and displays that will allow you to replace all those old control boards and the faulty LCD screen with one small modern ECU and display. The new electronics give you modern capabilities like CAN-Bus communication and USB computer interface without taking any capabilities away. If you ever have a problem with the electronics in any of these gensets, it’s much simpler and cheaper to upgrade to the new retrofit kit!

We also convert the mechanically governed engines like the 5kW and 10kW to electronically governed to provide a fast and accurate load response, as well as paralleling capability and fuel savings.

Here’s a link to the Hawkeye site: https://www.hawkeyeinnovation.com/"

I had asked to provide me with the best POC info, to share. The second email contained the following:

"Feel free to share my email (mmckearney@governors-america.com)

info@hawkeyeinnovation.com would also be the email to use for any retrofit or overhaul inquiries. Hawkeye Innovation and Governors America Corp are the same company and the same people, Hawkeye just allows us to provide overhauls and installations as a service where GAC is just a manufacturer. We could do onsite or in-house work on the generator depending on the situation. We could also provide the upgrade components for some generators as a kit with an install guide.

If anyone wants to connect with me they can use my Email or contact Governors America Corp or Hawkeye Innovation with questions about these generators.

Hawkeye Website: https://www.hawkeyeinnovation.com/
GAC Website: http://www.governors-america.com/

Please feel free to share that info to whomever might be interested!

Best regards,

Matthew McKearney
Applications Engineer
Governors America Corp
720 Silver Street
Agawam, MA 01001"

Hope this info is helpful to any owners of the machines listed.
[thumbzup]

mcii

I can add a very positive support to this, I am just wrapping up a total 806 "re-do" moving away from the CIM screen and backplane as well all the modules it could be said more or less back to analog only a new digital controller all in one. GAC and Matthew were a big help. and the matching attitude was the best.. could not have been a better experience.

The 806B is a low hour near new unit, but was just unsupportable when the CIM was DOA as well the customer wanted 480 Vac and that was going to be it's own bear to re-set up the internal values and limits .. I have several 802s and 803s that I will sell with no changes, but my 804 is next to get the full retro fit. For my experience the big bug a bo is the values for the temp gage as well oil pressure values to get entered into the new controller/s so accurate readings can be displayed.. PM me for selling info on the 802 and 803 units

Reading the display is a problem in full sun light, part of the front panel I will rework to where the control window is built into a slant type view not just vertical straight up but slanted into the control box for a good viewing angle and way easier to view/read. I'm happy to help with my retro experiences.. regards: mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks