• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce oil leak go's away.

beastm35

Just looking for couple possible answer's. I drove my deuce with a multi fuel engine this summer up to the mountains.drove it about three hours highway speed 50-60 mph.when i got there oil was leaking from the rear main seal lost about a gallon and had to take the fording plate off to spray the clutch down will brake clean because started to slip. The truck drives everyday to work and around town but does not leak a drop.could it have been just the long trip to make the seal leak?Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your oil, see if it is diluted with fuel.

If it was not diluted, then your rear main seal will leak again and needs to be changed.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HH o-rings or booster pump seal.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you positive it was crankcase oil? Could it have been gear oil? A well filled/over filled transmission might never get hot enough around town or on shorter drives, but can puke oil when it gets really warm on a highway run. I had a very similar experience, with oil slobber on the side of my truck. I was po'ed because I had replaced the main seal not long before. Then I noticed that this was gear oil. It made a mess like you would not believe, but everything appeared just dandy after the truck cooled off.

No subsequent issues. Did spray a few cans of brake cleaner up into the bell housing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks