Thread: Deuce cab to medium duty truck frame

Corporal
    Thanks

Default Deuce cab to medium duty truck frame

Anyone ever put a deuce cab on a MDT frame? I have a 1993 International 4900(2wd) with a DT466 and Spicer 6+1 trans which I was thinking of swapping the motor into my deuce. Then I thought, would it be easier to do a cab swap and in the process swap the axles and xfer case into the International chassis? I plan on bobbing the truck anyway and having the MDT single rear suspension already set up would be a bonus. Thoughts?

Thanks

Almost totally unrelated but I did drop a deuce van body on a F-700 cab-n-chassis and the rail width was darn close. I don't see why it couldn't work as long as you are good at fabrication.
    It would be far easier to start with a 4x4 MDT though since then you would have the transfer case and brakes already worked-out. Even as a machinist/fabricator and even if I already owned a 4x2 truck I'd either buy the modern parts to make my 4x2 into a 4x4 or sell it and buy a 4x4 MDT rather than moving over the deuce transfer case and axles unless you are just dying for the look of the original deuce Rockwells. The brakes are pretty much reason enough but seals and gearing matter too. I'd also be reluctant to put DT466 torque through the Timkin T136.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to teletech For This Useful Post:

silverstate55 (01-10-2019)

Corporal
    Thanks

Actually that would be pretty awesome. I may start looking for a 4 x 4 MDT because it also would be great to have 10 lug buds and not have to deal with wheel adapters.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,603 Times in 3,245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill81 View Post
    Anyone ever put a deuce cab on a MDT frame? I have a 1993 International 4900(2wd) with a DT466 and Spicer 6+1 trans which I was thinking of swapping the motor into my deuce. Then I thought, would it be easier to do a cab swap and in the process swap the axles and xfer case into the International chassis? I plan on bobbing the truck anyway and having the MDT single rear suspension already set up would be a bonus. Thoughts?
    The deuce frame width is a standard 34" I believe. The same as a GM or IHC truck. I had planned on putting the running gear from my old IHC 1800 series under my 1954 REO deuce. The cab needs some serious work though, so have put that off for now.