• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grinding sound when braking after installing new Half Shafts and removing shims

94M998A1

Well we just put the old half shafts back on and the noise is gone so I guess we experienced the same thing. I am not sure why the new half shafts are making the noise. My first set was a cheap set off ebay, the second set I put on was from hummerpartsguy and were OEM. Both made the same noise. I haven't heard about input seal shims causing that kind of issue but maybe I need to look into that. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.
The halfshafts you got from hummerpartsguy we’re carc painted black including the clamps on the boots?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks