• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocks for my m1009

319cssb

Ive been looking for shocks. Im sure anything is better than the ones that are on there now. When I searched i found most of them for quad front. I would just like some stock single socks for a non lifted m1009. And no, i don't want bilstein. Do you maybe have the right part number for gabriel or monroe?

319cssb

I am sure even the cheapest Shocks are better than the ones that are on this truck right now. With that said, I am sure Monroe will be just fine. I would just like to make driving the truck on the roads less adventurous, the bumpy roads here make this thing kind of go all over the place.

ssdvc

View attachment 753335
And all along I thought you would have bought Bilstein's. And the ones with the reservoir are the best. Nothing but the best. Have a Great Day.
LOL ! If I was building an expedition type M1009, I'd go FOX with the remote reservoir. Drove an F250 in the desert equipped with them and they really do make a nice set up.

ehuppert

Just did these on my 1008. For mine they had a set for oem springs and a set for aftermarket lift springs. OEM springs are wider than lift type springs. You'll want some sort of tool to clean the spring eye and frame bushing area. I used a appropraite size bore hone (ceramic) brush on a drill. Once spring hangers off the old bushings can be a pita to remove... If holes are clean bushings go in easy, if dirty and full of crap, not so easy!

319cssb

Just did these on my 1008. For mine they had a set for oem springs and a set for aftermarket lift springs. OEM springs are wider than lift type springs. You'll want some sort of tool to clean the spring eye and frame bushing area. I used a appropraite size bore hone (ceramic) brush on a drill. Once spring hangers off the old bushings can be a pita to remove... If holes are clean bushings go in easy, if dirty and full of crap, not so easy!
ehuppert, how did you know you had to replace them? What kind of symptoms did the truck show? I looked on my truck and they looked actually less bad , than my shocks.

ehuppert

Bolts through front spring rear eye were not centered as bushings were shot!

As for shocks, if the vehicle isn't lifted, just get the appropriate K5 shocks. I ended up getting the KYB mono maxs for the 1008. Yep, more money than some of the others, but i usually try to upgrade when replacing parts as long as price isn't exorbitant.

ssdvc

I do not, but I have seen them set up on the older Blazer/Chevy Pickup trucks, so I know they can be used. The dampening they provide off-road is very nice and consistent over a longer period of time.

319cssb

OMG this truck drives so much better now with new spring bushings and shocks. It's not like a death trap, that's all over the place anymore.Before it would oversteer going into turns and understeer coming out of them.
one thing at the time. Next are going to be the floor pans

als804

does any know which shocks can be used for 4 inch lifted m1009?

Somebody recommended these below
front shocks: Gabriel # G63437 $35.99
rear shocks : Gabriel # G63438 $35.99
I don’t know if it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks