Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Help ID M37 LWB

Corporal
    Thanks

My Current Directions:

After long review if tire and rim options, I am considering the HMMVW rims with Budd centers and the Goodyear MT 37x12.5 with PVC inserts. I really want a better ride, while also having beadlock capabilities off-road. The complete lack of 11.00r16s availabilitymakes this direction an easier decision.

I am thinking about skimming the head and port job, balance rotating assembly, 2 barrel or dual carbs, dual exhaust with full dual stacks. If I can get a reliable 120 or 130 horses that should turn the tires, may consider 4.89s eventually but stick to what I have for a while.

Corporal
    Thanks

Call Andy at Trail Worthy Fab for wheels, Im very happy with my set, Im running the BFGs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nhjohnny1 For This Useful Post:

njfarmer (03-03-2019)

Thanks

My only question on this is how long will 16.5 inch tires be available? The automotive market has moved away from 16.5 and has gone either 16, 17, or 18 inch. So, 10 years from now when you need new rubber will we be able to get HMMWV size tires? That is why I've been shying away from the HMMWV rims. There are other beadlock options out there if you want a beadlock.

MVPA
    24241L
    Thanks

Don't know if bead locks are a requirement or just a desire... but I'm very happy with some custom wheels I got from Stockton wheel. They're made of 1/2" plate. I'm running some 1100R16 Michelin XZL 10Ply tires I bought from Colony Tire in Norfolk,VA.

Corporal
    Thanks

I am not seeing much availability for 110R16, which would be high on my list. Those tires could sway me, but if not and I can run HMMWV rims and tires for the next 10 years then Trail Worthy Fab it is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4