• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a humvee key switch work in a M-series truck?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M813 and I came across this key switch conversion and I was wondering if it would work on my truck. I think the 809s come with a 3 plug switch...

federal surplus key.jpg

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Good to know. It's advertised as a humvee application. They probably use that to crank up the price...

Ajax MD

Ok. Good to know. It's advertised as a humvee application. They probably use that to crank up the price...
Please let us know if you move forward with this project, and if it works out. I like how the key is disguised as a switch handle.
I'm of mixed feelings regarding installing a key switch- On one hand, it certainly adds a little security. On the other hand, I consider the lack of security features part of the truck's charm.

There's no security but the pattern of switches and order of operation are their own security that sometimes deters casual thieves and joy-riders.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With key disguised it would be easier to maintain the charm you talk about and still be able to add some protection. I might pull the trigger on this in the spring - we'll see. I go back and forth and maybe a hidden ignition interrupt key behind the dash is better. Here's where I found it and they have more photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, $89 and that disguised key goes one step beyond the other key switches I've seen from others like T.M.G.

I think their listing name is federal-military-parts
Item# 152934722002

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The install in the picture in my first post seems incorrect. Shouldn't there be 1 jam nut behind the dash and 1 jam nut on the outside? They have 2 jam nuts stacked up and it would look stock if they only had an internal tooth lock washer and a single jam nut on the outside painted green

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks