• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

speedo cable question

319cssb

I can't remember anymore. Which side does the speedo cable pull out? the Transmission side or on the instrument panel side?

319cssb

Instrument panel side. Easier with the speedometer head removed. But can be done from under the cluster.
I remember having taken the instrument panel out so many times in various CUCV and almost always wound up breaking something and get really annoyed. I got a burned out bulb and still try to resist the temptation of taking that sucker out.
So I'll crawl under the dash and try that way first.

319cssb

That works. But you can disassemble and reassemble the instrument cluster thru the front side without removing the brittle blue/green plastic cluster housing. Good Luck. I hope that helps a bit.
Hmmm That's a good idea :), thank you for the advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks