• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this truck pulling?

99nouns

It is one of those trailers that mounts 20ft container which I was going to buy at the auction to build a camper out of but it got sold for 4000, thats why it didnt happen.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a SATS set, Standard Atomtive Tool Set. Full of everything a Motor Pool needs! Awesome set!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TACOM engineers of the past are spinning in their graves. "Oh let's just use parts from a commercial gooseneck trailer to make a tactical trailer, who cares about approach/departure angle anyway"

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Every Steel Soldier's dream is in that box, you are saying.
At a cost of over 200k when new.:p
I believe they're built by MCT Industries.
A friend of mine got one for cheap at auction a while back that was only maybe 3 or 4 years old (no tools or genset). All 8 tires were flat spotted because they towed it with the brakes locked up. He changed out the tires and brought it home with the brakes caged. After they were troubleshooting it for a while I said: "maybe we should switch the air lines around".
The only thing wrong with it was the gladhands were the wrong color.:doh:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TACOM engineers of the past are spinning in their graves. "Oh let's just use parts from a commercial gooseneck trailer to make a tactical trailer, who cares about approach/departure angle anyway"
"With enough torque it doesn't matter." ~ Ijustmadethisup. Besides, if it does make contact they'll just paint the rough spots then all is well again. rofl

Jericho

i used to laugh at stuff like that UNTIL i just picked up a mil low boy, Navy, fresh out or overhaul, brakes wouldn't release,, Gladhands crossed , scratched my head for 20 mins before i swapped them , it was just too stupid to be that, yup pulled it home crossed and then fixed it. HOW do they ever get back to the field like that !!!!!

Johno176

That comes from 18 yr. olds working on them that have little in the way of mechanical skills. Or they want them gone and a few lines switched does the trick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks