• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 no starter relay under dash help

Jewing

I just got another m1008 it was already converted to 12 volts. I noticed it did not have the relay under dash. My other truck is 12 volts also and I did the upgrade on relay. So they must have by passed it. Will this give me any promblems?

Keith_J

Not an issue. 12 volt conversions revert the vehicle back to stock, there is no need for a relay as the key actuated switch under the steering column can handle the voltage and current of the relay on the starter.

The CUCV system required the relay as the dash voltage is all 12 volts. This under dash relay allows the key switch at 12 volts to actuate a 24 volt starter.

cucvrus

Not an issue. 12 volt conversions revert the vehicle back to stock, there is no need for a relay as the key actuated switch under the steering column can handle the voltage and current of the relay on the starter.

The CUCV system required the relay as the dash voltage is all 12 volts. This under dash relay allows the key switch at 12 volts to actuate a 24 volt starter.
Very good simple explanation. Thank you. I like it. No need for all sorts of fearful drama as to why in stock form it was designed they way it was. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks