• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--73M819--Ron Harris

Rouleau

Swiss and Mrs. Swiss (Tanya) did a phenomenal job with yesterday’s remembrance of Ron. Ron’s heart touched many as evidenced by those present yesterday as well as those offering up thoughts & Prayers on-line. Breaking of bread and spending time around the fire yesterday with the SS folks was real and meaningful.
In his own way, Ron taught us all many lessons. His knowledge, attention to detail, and passions always made an impression on me. For Me, I will say his name daily less I forget. Here’s to my Brother Ron.

73m819Mrs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi every one, sorry for the late post. I wasn't able to login for some reason. But yeah finally.

I want to Thank each and every one that was able to attend our celebration of life for Ron. I loved meeting so many people that I had only know by name. And if I missed meeting any one, my apologies.
My family and I are forever blessed and greatful for your generosity and all your help.

For those who were unable to attend, I thank you for raising a glass and the thoughts and prayers that day,

Ron has so many wonderful friends.

Swiss,Tanya and Dylan, you are an amazing family, thank you! You put so much time and work into the memorial and it was perfect.
I know Ron loved it and is honored to be on that hill looking over things. He loved you guys as do I. I am glad he is there.

Thank you Jeff and son for all your help.

sandcobra164

This picture is awesome and was taken prior to the trail ride to the Memorial Service. Briggs knew going up from Leesburg that we were paying Respects to a lost friend and was still cheerful. We made it home Safely and I asked Briggs why he seemed so happy and carefree in the picture. He told me that "Mr. Ron talked to me many times at Rally's and Veterans Day Parades and never wanted to see me sad." I honestly didn't know they talked that much but was made aware both at the Memorial Service and through Briggs words that Ron loved kids. When I first got home I was a little tired from the trip but that conversation lit up my day.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Had a moment today standing in line at tractor supply. There was an older gentleman in front of me checking out. Short in stature. So Ron's build. Guy asked the clerk if she gave a LEO or retired LEO discount, she said no. He asked if he could get a veterans discount on top of that, she said no. Then asked if he could get a senior's discount. This reminded me of Ron very much. Everytime we stopped even if it was for a cup of coffee he asked the clerk for a veterans discount and a seniors discount. Even when we got our hotel room at midnight. When we got fuel for the PLS we were standing in line and I told him they didn't give discounts for fuel so not to ask. He just grinned and shook his head at me.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a moment today standing in line at tractor supply. There was an older gentleman in front of me checking out. Short in stature. So Ron's build. Guy asked the clerk if she gave a LEO or retired LEO discount, she said no. He asked if he could get a veterans discount on top of that, she said no. Then asked if he could get a senior's discount. This reminded me of Ron very much. Everytime we stopped even if it was for a cup of coffee he asked the clerk for a veterans discount and a seniors discount. Even when we got our hotel room at midnight. When we got fuel for the PLS we were standing in line and I told him they didn't give discounts for fuel so not to ask. He just grinned and shook his head at me.
Thanks for sharing that precious memory.
I trust he's looking down upon us all with a smile.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lest we forget

Poppies_1.jpg

Today it is one year ago that Ron, our good friend and fellow Steel Soldier member, died. As long as we remember, he will not truly be gone.
One year. Oh, how time passes.
It seems like just yesterday that this devastating news slammed our SteelSoldiers family.
Ron was quite a man.
I remember.
I hope others do as well.

Thanks for the reminder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks