• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--73M819--Ron Harris

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I am speechless. There are no words for how quickly things can change.

Prayers for the Harris family. Prayers for all involved.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sitting here stunned at how life can change so quickly. Prayers for his wife and family. I'll miss listening to him around the campfire, and the GA Rally will never be the same with him gone.

Monkeyboyarmy

Wow is right. I didn't personally know Ron but with all of his activity on this forum I feel like I do. Very sad and unfortunate. My condolences to the family. Could someone please post a pic of Ron for the members that unfortunately didn't get to meet him?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavenly Father,
We pray Your Holy Spirit's covering on Ron's family and ALL who knew him in his walk upon this earth.
We are deeply grieved by this sudden and emotionally devastating loss, yet we count as gain Ron's presence with You even as we post our remembrances, pour out of our hearts, and wipe tears from our faces. We KNOW where Ron now resides for all eternity.
Lord, we humbly ask that You bring peace to us as we seek understanding, and comfort to dilute the pain. Although we know that it is only through You that we shall rest in that peace that surpasses all human understanding.
Lift up and bolster Ron's family. Bring them strength and overwhelm them with love - directly and through all of us. Use us as Your hands and feet to help bring them through on Your behalf.
We also pray for all who were involved in or witnessed this wreck, all who responded, and all who will investigate its aftermath. Give Satan NO foothold for torment nore temptation in moments of weakness.
We THANK YOU, LORD for allowing us to know and love Ron. He in our own eyes is a good and decent man, a friend, mentor, giver, inspiration and example. We trust that You did indeed welcome into heave to the sweet sound of, "Well done, good and faithful servant." May we all live in such a way that we too will join Ron on that day when You call each of us home.
In Jesus' blessed and holy name we pray.
AMEN.

And to Ron, if you're listening, Vaya con Dios, hombre! (Go with God, friend!)

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Such sad news.
I’m touched by the outpouring of love from a community like this.
Prayers for all.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some personal thoughts on my brother-in-Christ, Ron...

Although Ron and I never met in the flesh, never looked at one another face-to-face, and never even shook hands he was my friend, my brother, a co-addict in the Green Iron addiction (and in that an occasional "dealer" in that "drug", sometime offering "free samples" to keep the addiction alive) and a good and trusted fellow SS Member. From our posts, PM's, and phone conversations, I KNOW that Ron knows Jesus as his Savior and that he is now right where God wanted him to arrive from the day he was conceived in his mother's womb.

On more than one occasion, I would mention a worn, defective, or missing part from one of our MV's and the next thing I knew a box would arrive from Ron free gratis. He never asked nor wanted payment. I think it was his way of supporting the SS Chaplain's Corner. He would probably not like that I shared that, but it IS the very least I can do to edify his example.

In my own selfish desire to meet him, I am saddened to know we will never have that opportunity to meet at a rally or otherwise. In that my only comfort comes from my faith that we WILL meet in the glory of heaven.

Ron left an indelible mark on these SS Forums. That is but one legacy he leaves for us to enjoy and benefit from. He also leave a family who will carry his love, his genes, and a worthy heritage into the future. Yes, Ron "marked his territory" well. And, Ron is remembered with his very own SteelSoldiers emoji ":73m819:". So with it, I post this emoji farewell.......

:goodjob::73m819:[thumbzup]:driver::tank:

[h=1]Spirit In The Sky Norman Greenbaum[/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI

:usafss:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron Memories

Ron and Deb.jpgRon and Jr.jpgRon and Kyle.jpgRon and Trucks.jpgSafety Check.jpgThe Herd.jpg

Here are some pictures of Ron doing what he loved best, talking about Military Trucks and visiting with friends.

Left to Right
Picture 1 is with Deb a the Rally
Picture 2 is with my father in law who he taught to drive a truck for the memorial day parade
Picture 3 is with Kyle a good friend's son when we went to Pappa Bear's for the labor day parade
Picture 4 is staging the trucks for one of the many parades we did in Gainesville
Picture 5 is Ron checking my tow bar rigging he was a fanatic about safety
Picture 6 is "The herd" as Ron used to like to call it. At one time he had 8 trucks in the front yard till the neighbors raised such a ruckus we had to move them all out.

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is such a shock, I have no words.

Prayers go out for loved ones and those involved; Ron will be greatly missed.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy's Engine.jpgAnother Parade.jpgAnother Project.jpgBig Hammer.jpgBig Truck.jpgOn the Cranke.jpgRon Fabrication.jpgRon Recovery.jpgRon.jpgThis is how it is going to work.jpgUnload.jpgworking in the shop.jpg

Here are some more memories.
1.) The Andy Engine Crew
2.) Lined up for another Parade
3.) Another Project
4.) In his workshop
5.) Working on the trucks
6.) His crane was his Soldier B
7.) The Workbench and his 2 favorite hammers, 5lbs and 3lbs
8.) Bottom Row: Another haul out
9.) This is how it is going to be
10.) This is how I see it working Swiss
11.) Unloading was never a problem
12.) The grinder solves alot of problems

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks