• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--73M819--Ron Harris

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would like to say thank you for all the condolences and support from friends of the SS community that has came in for the Harris family. It is a very very sad and tragic incident. Words are hard to form to describe this tragedy to our community. Ron passed away doing what he loved, helping people and driving big trucks. He will be missed

I am going to need some time to let this numbness pass on that I have at this moment before I am able to reflect and access what has happened. Once again I am grateful for the support of the members/friends of this community.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, Fair Weather and may the wind always be at your back...

"Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar."
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

m715mike

As others have said, I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting Ron in person. I only knew him from his posts on this website. That was enough for me to know that Ron was someone I respected. I am greatful for the wisdom he shared and appreciate the perspective he offered.

Rest In Peace, Sir.

Ron’s family and all involved in the accident are in my prayers.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is incredibly sad news. I only met Ron a few times, but I really enjoyed talking with him. I always enjoyed reading his posts here too. I was struck by his willingness to help anyone with anything. He certainly contributed a lot to our community here on SS. Our prayer are with his family. Rest In Peace Ron.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sad to hear of this. It sucks losing another member and lover of big green iron. I never met Ron personally, but he was always willing to help whenever I had a question that I figured he would know the answer to. Even though he was outwardly not very fond of my favorite series of vehicles, he didn't bust my chops! The Harris family is in our prayers.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Ron busted my chops more than once on reading the tm's. He was a welth of knowledge and I'm saddened by this news. I never personally met him but he did help me figure some issues out via pm. Thoughts are with his family

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was very sad to hear the news last night, condolences to the Harris family. I never met Ron, but from what I heard from other people is that he was a great person. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is truly a hard pill to swallow.

I chatted to Ron on several occasions and had the pleasure of finally meeting him at the GA rally - and his reputation preceded him.

I always respected his knowledge and often had my ideas "adjusted" in his famous manor. He truly was a great in the wrecker world, a towing and recovery expert and also a master with the tools in the shop.

The scale of loss cannot be measured. Not withstanding his actual loss to his near and dear. We have all lost a vast treasure trove of knowledge and experience with regards green iron.

I did not take this pic , but as a tribute, I hope this seem fitting in the short term.

Ron avatar.png

(This is avatar sized)

Last edited:

sandcobra164

A fellow member called me to tell me the news today. I truly regret that Ron has been taken from his family and us as his extended family. I first met him at the GA Rally 8 years ago. Many years and a ton of phone calls later I definitely considered him a good friend. He taught me quite a bit about Recovery work which helps in my line of work for the National Guard and my son is jealous of his Lego collection. I'll miss Ron but the memories and advice will live on.

CGarbee

Such sad news...
I will never forget that trip we made out to NE as part of Ziggy's big move each of us driving a M915A1. I have never laughed as much before or since as I did when we shared a M915 for the ride back....

RIP

Last edited:

TacticalTruck

I happened to drive by the accident scene today and just realized who it was. Terrible news. He came by my place years ago and was a wealth of knowledge. Rest in Peace Ron.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fair winds and following seas shipmate. We have the watch.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am saddened at the loss of someone I considered to be a friend. Ron was the first person to call me after my helmet altercation at Haspin a few years ago. He always loved harassing me about my helmet.

While I'll miss him I know he was doing something he loved doing, driving green iron.

Thoughts out to the rest of his friends and family. RIP Brother.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks