• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member search

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking with a few other members and thought it would be nice to have a way to search members local to your area by mileage. So you could get to hang out with someone who shares your interests.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that and searched ohio. Has over 1700 members. I can't look at a screen for hours. Can't stand just sitting around. If I'm awake I have to be moving.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is really what I mentioned, there's no control over how people format their information. Some people enter "OH" or "Ohio" or "Adena, OH" or "Adena, OH". Heck, I could change my profile to say I live in Ohio, but that wouldn't be true either.

The best solution is to post in the regional areas and follow events. Or even start up a event/notice for your location.

I know this isn't likely what you're after, but there's no means that it can be provided given the formatting of that profile section. (Or any way we can verify it)

Chief B

I will say that I thought the same. What I did is I searched the towns around me and noticed that many that had those listed hadn't even logged in for years. Something else to look at when you're looking at those members around you... When was the date of their last activity. If it was 2008 then would you be wasting your time trying to contact them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks