• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part Numbers or Parts Supplier

The Pawnbroker

Hello,
I've taken a several evenings to look through the site for a list of parts needed for maintenance and repair. There are quite a few lists, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Yes I've gone through the "CUCV Wiki" and the "CUCV Helpful Threads" Sticky at the top of this forum. I'm looking for part numbers for rear drum brake components. I want to replace the shoes, wheel cylinders, brake hardware etc. Brake part info seems to be one of the things not on any of the lists. I also tried going to the "regular" parts suppliers websites and can't find any of them that list CUCV parts.
Thanks for any help.
Dave.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

The Pawnbroker

Thanks for the quick info guys. Porkysplace, I didn't think that the part numbers from back then would still work. Good lesson for me and thanks for the direct links. And joshuak, I was on that exact site and place earlier today but didn't know if those parts were good numbers for the CUCV. I still don't know off hand what was changed by the military and what wasn't. Believe it or not, a number of vendors on Amazon are listing whether their part works in CUCV's or not. If you do a search on Amazon for CUCV, you get a pretty good list of parts.
Thanks,
Dave.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any parts store can get the parts you need.
Acdelco still makes most everything.

Do not mention it’s a CUCV or you will really confuse everyone.

Edit:
Removed reference to M1008 as OP has a M1009

Last edited:

Keith_J

In the parts TM (-20P and -34 P), column 4 is the manufacturer's part number. Could be GM or Dana etc..usually supplier. On the item description (column 5), you will also see a UOC and numbers. This is Usable On Code number and refers to the specific model number like M1008, M1009 etc. Its a 3 digit and the key is in the front of the TM:

Code Used On
194 M1008,Type “B’’Cargo,Shelter
208 M1008A1,Type “B” Cargo, Troop Seat
209 M1009, Type “A” Utility
210 M1010, Type “C” Ambulance
230 M1028, Type “E” Shelter Carrier
252 M1028A1,Type’’F” Shelter Carrier w/PTO
254 M1028A2, Type “F” Shelter Carrier w/PTO
256 M1028A3, Type “E” Shelter Carrier
231 M1031, Type “D”Chassis

Not exactly matching numbers to models but you get the idea.

Keith_J

Thanks for the quick info guys. Porkysplace, I didn't think that the part numbers from back then would still work. Good lesson for me and thanks for the direct links. And joshuak, I was on that exact site and place earlier today but didn't know if those parts were good numbers for the CUCV. I still don't know off hand what was changed by the military and what wasn't. Believe it or not, a number of vendors on Amazon are listing whether their part works in CUCV's or not. If you do a search on Amazon for CUCV, you get a pretty good list of parts.
Thanks,
Dave.
There are some parts successions where a completely different part number replaces the earlier. Rock Auto has the best info on this. Amazon can be iffy as over half their inventory is owned by a third party (Fulfillment by Amazon) or even fulfilled by vendor (Amazon is just the cataloging and payment service for the vendor). On FBA inventory, any product complaints are handled by Amazon so eventually the wrongs will be righted. But on the fulfillment by vendor, let the buyer be aware.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any parts store can get the parts you need.
Acdelco still makes most everything.

Just say it’s for a 1984 Chevy K30 pickup.
Do not mention it’s a CUCV or you will really confuse everyone.
It looks like he has a M1009 So that would be a 1984 K5 with a J code diesel.

Keith_J

It looks like he has a M1009 So that would be a 1984 K5 with a J code diesel.
Which may confuse the parts counter clerk as K5 civilian came with the LH6. So when ordering engine parts, use K30 engine. All other parts are K5 1984.

M1009s came with an emissions exemption decal with national defense reason. K30s didn't need this as the LL4 was the diesel in civilian dress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks