• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door keys for M1088-A1

Mobbster1969

I recently imported a MTV 1088-A1 (2001)
the truck arrived with no keys, I am in the UK
I have managed to take a photo of the back of the lock and the number on drivers side door reads KA 082
with this information can anyone cut a key or 2 ?
I did message a member who was supposedly the expert in doing the keys a few weeks ago, but I have had no reply as yet...
Thanks 👍🏻🍻

coachgeo

I recently imported a MTV 1088-A1 (2001)
the truck arrived with no keys, I am in the UK
I have managed to take a photo of the back of the lock and the number on drivers side door reads KA 082
with this information can anyone cut a key or 2 ?
I did message a member who was supposedly the expert in doing the keys a few weeks ago, but I have had no reply as yet...
Thanks 
Seems like 99.99999% of the trucks come with no keys no matter where you buy or get delivered. Check to make sure both doors have same number on the lock. Their is a probability they are different.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can tell your locksmith to start with an ILCO key blank im told its a nissan the numbers on the key are x123 on the left of key and on right side of key DA25 this key blank worked for me on my m-1083 i took both locks out took the key cylinder out and had my lock smith cut keys to fit each lock both doors were diferant of coarse! my truck is a 97 and not A1 SO BUY A BLANK FIRST AND SEE IF IT SLIDES IN THE LOCK

coachgeo

a locksmith that deals alot with auto's should have a subscription to a locksmith website that can look things up with the number he listed. Guess you can call locksmiths in your area and see who has their prescription to look these things up?

Crapgame

My cab also had two different locks on the doors. I paid a local mobile locksmith to restack the wafers so both locks use the same key. A larger locksmith in a bigger city shouldn't have a problem resetting the wafers, mine was done in small town FL Panhandle.

coachgeo

My cab also had two different locks on the doors. I paid a local mobile locksmith to restack the wafers so both locks use the same key. A larger locksmith in a bigger city shouldn't have a problem resetting the wafers, mine was done in small town FL Panhandle.
lol..... I bet a small town guy who see's a little bit of every kind of key job imaginable is more liable to get you set up. Small town guys can't specialize.... not enough customers to survive if you specialized to just one thing. A big city place that just swaps parts out for quicker turn around... nah

Big City Locks Inc. Clerk to customer- "Hi... you need what"? " "OK, here".. "PAY ME".......
NEXT!!

Big City Locks Clerk to LMTV owner "Hi.. you need what"? WHAT? bwahahahaha:lol:
NEXT!!

PS- Did you end up in Navarre after being stationed at Eglin? (turned north on 87 at least once a month for a few years as a kid living bit east of there)

Last edited:

Crapgame

PS- Did you end up in Navarre after being stationed at Eglin? (turned north on 87 at least once a month for a few years as a kid living bit east of there)
No sir, picked it off a map, almost. I knew folks from Ft Walton Beach when I was active duty, always sounded like a nice place to retire to...…...until I started house hunting here. Then I decided I didn't want to live "in town". And the 3x a week night Gunship Gunnery....the sounds of freedom sealed it for me. Just need a Florida room on back of the house so I can sit behind screens with my green tea listening to Ghostrider bang away with 105s and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT! away with the 25mm guns, safe from the Florida Panhandle State Bird.....the Mosquito.

markf

I think NONE of the Gov Planet FMTVs will come with door keys. I had mine made by Chris Christie in MD . He's on Steel Soldiers, but i cant find his handle to link here, maybe he'll reply to this.
I just sent him a picture of the code from the cylinder, and he looked it up and made a few keys for me and mailed them! super fast and easy (for me!)
Mine was the original 2001 A1 key using a volvo cylinder and key blank

Last edited:

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ramdough

Is this him?

Looks like Chris dies in 2017….maybe the company will still supply the keys though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Chris dies in 2017….maybe the company will still supply the keys though.

Yeah he did. I have used their services numerous times over the past 10 years or so. He wife does sewing and have also used her services.

I'll stop by and see if they'll continue with Chester's past business practices. They have always treated be well.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey sorry it is so late.

I was in at Able Locksmiths today in Frederick, Maryland, getting my two door handles keyed.

Chester's son is running the business still does the locks on military vehicles. Just contact him by email or telephone and make the arrangements with him for cost and shipping.

For my two handles, $25.00 each.

Tom.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently had my doors keyed by a locksmith. They used a blank from a 73-75 Volvo. It’s not a very secure key and unfortunately I had two different lock tumblers so I have a left and a right door key.

I can't tell from the picture, but if that's a two-sided key you can put two locks on a single key, one on each side. Insert key, doesn't work, flip it around and then it will work. I did that when I owned a Mustang and a Maverick- print the mustang key on one side and the maverick key on the other - one key works two cars.

Only if it's a two sided key though.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, got my door handles back after getting keyed. The key they used was for a Volvo vehicle, as @HotTubTimeMachine mentioned above. They were not the same key as both doors has a different code on them. I figured that since it appears that the drivers side door handle appeared to be new or newer. I'm fine with that and they work good until I can upgrade the handles.

When I took the handles out I broke one of the rod clips, it was really brittle. I did find the original clip part, using the part number, over seas at a very good price. However, as of yet I have not been able to get them to respond to my emails. I will keep trying!!!
I did find a clip that works very good with just a very minor alteration, and for only $3.15 a piece, it's a deal. After putting the clip in place I put a lot of pressure on it and pulling torque and it stayed in place, yea (y).

So, until I can hopefully get the original clip part, I will be replacing the clips with the one I found for now.

Tom.

coachgeo

When I took the handles out I broke one of the rod clips, it was really brittle. I did find the original clip part, using the part number, over seas at a very good price. However, as of yet I have not been able to get them to respond to my emails. I will keep trying!!!
I did find a clip that works very good with just a very minor alteration, and for only $3.15 a piece, it's a deal. After putting the clip in place I put a lot of pressure on it and pulling torque and it stayed in place, yea (y).
Please pass on the product and potential source on both of these

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks