• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door keys for M1088-A1

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please pass on the product and potential source on both of these
Okay.

The rod clip I used is a Briggs & Stratton "retainer link", part number 690592. I purchased one from a local lawn equipment shop to see if it would work. It fits in the hole on the lever however the hole for the rod is just a hair to tight. I took a 1/8" drill bit and lightly drilled out the hole and the rod fit right in. There was plenty of plastic left and it didn't weaken it. Then the sides, where the rod locks into the clip after going into the hole, was just a hair to tight and I took a Dremel tool and lightly grinded just a tiny bit out and it fit. Took me about 3-4 minutes.
The first website shows a picture of the actual part and a higher price. The second one is where I ordered more parts from. Call to see if they are in stock before ordering.

The TM's show the part number for the clip as, 85.62680-0021. It looks like MAN makes the part, per the part number and ACRAR, out of Germany, sells them. They sale these clips per their website for 1,21 EUR and that state they ship world wide. They don't show a picture of the part so I'm not 100% sure the it is the exact same part, but they do call it a clip. But as I said they haven't returned any emails yet.

If anyone makes contact with them please let me know and I will do the same. Hopefully this is the correct part and we will be able to obtain some.

If they return my email and this turns out to be the correct part, I will be purchasing a large quantity and I'll sell them at cost plus shipping to anyone who wants them...not looking to make money off anyone here!

Well, there you go, that's all I know, which isn't much! ;)

Tom.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Okay.

The rod clip I used is a Briggs & Stratton "retainer link", part number 690592. I....

The TM's show the part number for the clip as, 85.62680-0021. It looks like MAN makes the part, per the part number and ACRAR, out of Germany,

Tom.
interesting find on the MAN part number and the Briggs alternative. Some in pack(s) of assorted Dorman manufactured clips from auto parts store work. Like yourself; had to drill them out a bit to fit the FMTV rod's size.

Btw those Dorman and others are listed in the Parts Spread sheet in the thread pinned/stuck to the top of this FMTV forum.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
interesting find on the MAN part number and the Briggs alternative. Some in pack(s) of assorted Dorman manufactured clips from auto parts store work. Like yourself; had to drill them out a bit to fit the FMTV rod's size.

Btw those Dorman and others are listed in the Parts Spread sheet in the thread pinned/stuck to the top of this FMTV forum.
Yeah, I seen those on the spread sheet. I always check the spread sheet first when looking for parts.
I had purchased several different clips to try but the one from Briggs & Stratton worked the best for me. It was the easiest to alter for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks