• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 brake gremlins?

M52A2 gremlins

This truck has been giving me issues since I got it. But isn't that part of the fun, lol? So when I picked it up last year the previous owner had hooked up airlines from his other ruck to this one and busted a brake line/the brakes were locked up. I bled the brakes and towed it home. After replacing injector lines/injectors and rebuilding part of the injector pump (and a couple engine runaways). And then replaced the air pack and the busted brake line, bled the brakes she was running and stopping good. Ended up with a front seal needing replaced, I towed her home and ended up hooking the airlines up backwards as I am a genius. The front service glad hand now has air coming out when you push the brake pedal down and the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. There is pressure going to all the tires as the pedal going all the way to the floor will produce a good burst of fluid, but the even after bleeding the brakes the pedal continues to go to the floor with no resistance. Sort of at a loss of what is failing Master cylinder/air pack or the valve that all the lines go into before the airpack (PIC). Any help would be appreciated, need to get this thing out of the driveway and on the road.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, ended up bleeding the brakes a bit more and they worked just fine. Took it on a drive today and she sounded a bit odd and sluggish. Got out to look at the engine and there is fluid all over the passenger side of the truck from the slobber tube. Checked the oil and it is well past the full mark and not black (old oil). Lo.and behold it is mostly diesel with a little oil. So it looks like I did not escape unscathed from the engine running away. Good thing I have a spare engine. I have spare head gaskets but with all the trouble this engine has given me I think it will be easier to replace and rebuild while out of the truck.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my M35’s lost oil pressure just as a parade was starting. I made it through the parade route without abrupt stoppage so I figured it was a gauge problem. Nope, something in the injector pump failed and was causing diesel to dump into the oil system. When I reached the end of the route, the oil was coming out of the filler neck and made a god awful mess. A friend and I changed the IP after draining several gallons of diesel from the oil pan. Had to use a kiddie swimming pool as an impromptu oil pan. I changed out the filters and so far she’s been running good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks