• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my M813 sprag sticking?

comike27

I believe my problem is fuel related I replaced all the rubber lines and checked my filter that’s only a week old and the petcock was frozen . I pulled the filter and the bottom of the canister was full of frozen muddy crud .I also cleaned the screen in the injector pump . So debris has to be coming from the tank I pulled the plug and nothing came out bottom of tank has frozen crud in it . So I siphoned most of the fuel out gonna finish tomorrow it was 26 degrees today so all the crud is frozen . Tomorrow going to finish draining and cleaning the tank and blow out all the lines then hopefully start the truck . I apologize for making everyone rack there brains in the wrong direction I appreciate all the info and suggestions I will post a update tomorrow it’s supposed to be 37 degrees . Thanks

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think someone made the news for starting a small paper fire to thaw the water under a diesel tank recently. It didn't work out too well for him. I use an electric space heater on the tractor, seems to work and not set it on fire.

comike27

I’m planning on using my propane salamander but not too close just to thaw it out , I might put plywood behind the tank to keep the heat close.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure to treat your new fresh fuel with something like 911.

Red for problems

White for regular upkeep

snowtrac nome

Diesel 911 is methonal and only for emergancys to attempt to thaw water if you are trying to lower the cloud point than use the powerservice conditioner in the white can. The conditioner will hold water in suspension and you can use it in a double dose to get the cloud point below -5

comike27

Did not fix the problem. I took the tank out and took it to the car wash 3 times because I kept getting more crud after I flushed it . The tank is clean and the pick up and sender were removed and cleaned . The truck still feels anemic it rolls freely, it gets to about 1800 rpms in third gear and doesn’t want to go more , also when at idle and I push the throttle it goes to 1700 then hesitates then will go up to 2100. The rpms don’t linger when I let off it comes down normal . It’s a rebuilt pump from eastern surplus.

Last edited:

162tcat

Did not fix the problem. I took the tank out and took it to the car wash 3 times because I kept getting more crud after I flushed it . The tank is clean and the pick up and sender were removed and cleaned . The truck still feels anemic it rolls freely, it gets to about 1800 rpms in third gear and doesn’t want to go more , also when at idle and I push the throttle it goes to 1700 then hesitates then will go up to 2100. The rpms don’t linger when I let off it comes down normal . It’s a rebuilt pump from eastern surplus.
It's possible you damaged something running that water/crud/diesel mix through it. I can't imagine your PT pump and injectors were happy about running down the road at full throttle with that mix. How did the pt pump screen look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to Mike last night and might be checking PT pressures plus throttle linkage full throttle.

Last edited:

comike27

The throttle linkage is adjusted all the way . I’m planning on checking the psi the pump puts out and taking off the steel lines going to the head to clean them , maybe recheck injector overhead .Hopefully I haven’t damaged my pump with the crud ,surprised my truck even ran now just trying to get it driveable . The screen had a couple flakes on it when I removed it .

comike27

It’s fixed it was a bad rebuilt injection pump , I’ve been troubleshooting the problem I ran it off a fuel can to eliminate the fuel tank and filter no change and when I put my return line in a milk jug and it had air bubbles . I installed a fuel pressure gauge had no pressure when I reved the throttle would go to 20 psi . I got the pump from eastern surplus I called them they took it back and sent it to there rebuilder to check it out they said it had a loose gear inside so they rebuilt it I got it back today and it runs great had it doing about 60mph . Very happy with eastern’s response it worked out good .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks