• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official NC Denton Rally 24-28 apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its coming up on that time again!!!!! Mark your calendars, save your spending cabbage - GET VACATION TIME SCHEDULED!

Jim Henry of HENRY'S Truck Sales in Albamarle NC is once again sponsoring the spring dust off

Denton Rally.jpg

The annual Denton NC Rally, swap meet and general get together is planned for

24-28 APRIL 2019

At the Farmpark in Denton NC.

Hundreds of hookup camping sites available as well as primitive camping available, no reservations necessary!

What will we have?

Helicopter rides (Cobra and Huey)

TONS of things to buy, and plenty of room to sell. You can sell from your camp site or if you want to be in the designated vendor area you must be set up by Friday evening. I will be starting a separate buy-sell thread as we get a little closer

Machine Gun shoot (insurance only allows blanks, but hey belt fed is belt fed, right?)

BBQ Convoy IS BACK ! Friday evening. Cost will be $10 per person to cover catering and you must be in or on a military vehicle to participate-A separate thread will be started closer to the time. For those that have been on this before you know the excellent support from our local LEO's really make it happen.

There will be countless other things to do-drive trucks you never have, see stuff you never have and lots of just plain old hanging out time etc

CAN"T WAIT!

Bookface page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/221478002123739/221483195456553/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity&notif_id=1547516599345285

Last edited:

CGarbee

I have blocked out the week on my calendar at work...
I have some menu ideas...
I'll suspect that I will start a different thread for food at the MKT at a later date...

Looking forward to being back after a two year hiatus...

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning to be there again this year. Really glad to hear the BBQ convoy will be on again, and Garbee will be there with the MKT! Riding the Huey was awesome last year. Watching the Cobra take off that first time made me reeeallly think about spending the $ for a ride in it.

wilfreeman

As of now, I am planning on being there with my a1 and camper, but that all depends on whether our plant shuts the doors or not (not looking good).

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

LanceRobson

I miss my Baby! :sad:

I plan on bringing my cargo trailer as I have some stuff to vend. I can also bring an electric smoker but it would be easier to smoke some pork butts, make pulled pork and vacuum pack it here at home. Then it would only need to be dropped in hot water to be ready to serve. That would eliminate cooking for a meal. We'd only need to heat what we needed and the remainder could be used at another meal....
Brisket, ribs etc lend themselves to making ahead and reheating, too.

Attachments

CGarbee

That would eliminate cooking for a meal.
I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...
My current plan is to arrive on Wednesday (I assume that I can access the site that afternoon as in years past) with the MKT and to have a meal offering for each meal through Sunday breakfast.
Of course, if you aren't thrilled with the offering for a given meal, or you don't like my cooking, having an alternative ready to dunk into a pot of hot water is an excellent idea... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks