• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official NC Denton Rally 24-28 apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am in if I can get my LMTV home and driving.
Would be great if the truck makes it but don't let that keep you away. It is well worth the trip just to here the "stories" around the campfire, and to add to that there's a great swap meet, helicopter rides, machine gun shoot, the trip to Jim Henerys place, East Coast Surplus and/or Delk's military surplus and I have 3 empty seats for the BBQ convoy if need be. Oh yeah did I mention Cabell's gourmet meals from the MKT?

Hope to meet you there.

Big Tom

About five weeks and counting really looking forward to coming down again this year, two other joining me from Maryland five ton and a hummer.

Big Tom

CGarbee

Who is planning on arriving early?
My current schedule has me arriving after lunch on Wednesday (aka: mid-afternoon) and it would be nice if someone could stake out my MKT spot (that I used in the past since it was convenient for everyone) and to have some help setting up the MKT.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My arrival is in flux. I want to say I'll be there Weds, but I may not be due to something that has popped up. Worst case I'll be there Fri-Sun.

CGarbee

Denton MKT Menu
April 2019

Wednesday Supper
Fajitas (chicken*/mushroom/onion/pepper)
*Could be beefn or pork – let me know you preference if you have one…

Thursday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Grits
Sausage
Biscuits/Tortillas

Thursday Lunch
Italian Sausage (with Peppers/Onions)
Salad
Chips

Thursday Supper
“Pasta night”
Chili Mac/Stroganoff/Pesto/Alfredo/Chicken-Mushroom-Onion
(Honestly, I’m going to do a few family favorite sauces of different types/styles…but don’t look for them in a recipe book…)
Salad

Friday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Oatmeal
Bacon
Biscuits

Friday Lunch
Hotdogs (A couple of different types – Brown and Bright Leaf)
Salad and/or slaw
Chips

Friday Supper
Offsite: MKT is closed unless a bunch of you skip the BBQ Convoy and twist my arm. But plan on doing your own thing or join the BBQ Convoy... :)

Saturday Breakfast
Pancakes
Grits
Bacon/Sausage

Saturday Lunch
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers (Hotdogs if I have any left over and you ask…).
Salad
Chips

Saturday Supper
Seafood Boil (corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp)
Salad
Rolls

Sunday Breakfast
Grits
Bacon
Pork Loin
(and a mixture of bread…rolls/tortillas…depending on what I have and how I feel…)

Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade on tap from Breakfast until after Supper
Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)
Example: Grilled Chicken is an easy substitution for pork products…

I’m thinking that if you sign up in advance (at least a week ahead of time) that we’ll go with $6/Meal except for Saturday night which will be $8 (shrimp isn’t cheap…).
Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may not have chow for you…
Get enough folks to sign up in advance, and I am likely to add a few items to each meal's offerings...

Send me PM to sign up and let me know your starting and ending meals...etc.
Let me know if you want to use PayPal.
If you have folks coming who are not on Steelsoldiers, they can eat at the MKT, just put them in touch with me ahead of time…

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just to clarify, all meals would be $62 that's 9 meals at $6 =$54 + Saturday night at $8 = $62 Do you want to post your PayPal account or PM it to us that want in? Thanks Micro

CGarbee

PM me for my PayPal (I changed email accounts in January....).
That way I can ensure that I match everything up properly (names, dates, meals).

wilfreeman

Does anybody have an updated price list for camping (gate fee and site)? My mom is bringing her popup to camp with us and is budgeting her money. I will also be bringing our popup this year.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

LanceRobson

Well, our schedule finally firmed up some. Household 6 (AKA Nancy) and I will be there Thursday afternoon and will be bringing our 25' camper. If there are any sites with 120 volt AC that would be nice but certainly is not necessary.

Some of you will remember Rosie, the red tick coonhound pup I had with me last year. She's 14 months old now and is still a bundle of energy. She'll be with us and although she's been camping before this will be her first trip with the camper. I don't yet know how long I can leave her alone in the camper for so the BBQ Convoy is out for this year.

Last year I brought a couple of 8' folding tables and 10 heavy duty folding chairs for the dining area. I can't fit the tables into the camper or the Expedition so unless I can figure out a secure way to strap them on the roof rack I can't bring them but I can bring the chairs if they are needed.

My oldest son and his family will be down from Central NY the week before the show and as soon as he and I can sort through things to see what he wants to take back to NY I'll be posting a detailed list on the buy/sell/trade thread.

Lance

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think there are about 400 hook-ups and 4 sewer dumps, 4 bathhouses and about 5 miles to grocery store, gas and beer. That's for the first timers. Lance I think I owe you some money for parts you sent with me last year, we'll settle up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks