• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official NC Denton Rally 24-28 apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
..........................:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:Two weeks and counting:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:......................

Get your vehicles serviced, gear packed, and grab some cash, rob a bank somewhere if need be but be there! Also please let Cabell know if you want on the meal plan, I can tell you from experience planning is the hardest part of the deal and the sooner you let him know the easier it is for him.

See you there.

LanceRobson

I think there are about 400 hook-ups and 4 sewer dumps, 4 bathhouses and about 5 miles to grocery store, gas and beer. That's for the first timers. Lance I think I owe you some money for parts you sent with me last year, we'll settle up.
Actually, I don't think you owe me anything. If my (alleged) memory serves, I gave you some smallish items in appreciation of your willingness to step up and cook. I also have some air brake bits and pieces like trailer side gladhand connectors (and maybe some spare color coded polyurethane gladhand seals?) along with a tractor side air hose and electrical cable holder that I don't need and should have mailed you a long time ago. If you remember, we put that stuff in an ammo can at my vendor site, you forgot them (admittedly, you were just about asleep on your feet at the time) and I found them when I got home and was stowing stuff away. They are packed already so I'll hand them off when I see you.

Does anyone know how much the Huey rides are? During 29 years as an infantryman I spent a lot of time in and around choppers but Household 6 has never been in one. She's pretty hesitant but if I can bring her over to the dark side I'd love to get her some blade time.

Lance

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Actually, I don't think you owe me anything. If my (alleged) memory serves, I gave you some smallish items in appreciation of your willingness to step up and cook. I also have some air brake bits and pieces like trailer side gladhand connectors (and maybe some spare color coded polyurethane gladhand seals?) along with a tractor side air hose and electrical cable holder that I don't need and should have mailed you a long time ago. If you remember, we put that stuff in an ammo can at my vendor site, you forgot them (admittedly, you were just about asleep on your feet at the time) and I found them when I got home and was stowing stuff away. They are packed already so I'll hand them off when I see you.
Does anyone know how much the Huey rides are? During 29 years as an infantryman I spent a lot of time in and around choppers but Household 6 has never been in one. She's pretty hesitant but if I can bring her over to the dark side I'd love to get her some blade time.

Lance
Thanks, I'll stop looking for that stuff now, LOL

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the camp sites have fire rings or is it camp in a field deal, this would be our first year.
No fire rings, but you DO need one if you plan to have a fire. Might need to be elevated at that. There will be at least one over by the MKT area where folks will congregate.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the camp sites have fire rings or is it camp in a field deal, this would be our first year.

[FONT=&quot]I just had a BRAIN-FART ! ! ![/FONT]

I know this is NOT the kind of FIRE RING you're talking about.... but nonetheless, I hadn't thought of this song in YEARS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfCOJLRk2D4

By the way, when you've got your back up to the campfire to stay warm - NEVER fart !

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was told all fires have to be off the ground, they're worried about the water and power lines. Their will be a communal fire at the MKT bring your own chair and refreshments.

CGarbee

Also please let Cabell know if you want on the meal plan, I can tell you from experience planning is the hardest part of the deal and the sooner you let him know the easier it is for him.
I am finalizing plans for next week, getting things ready...
Your absolute last day to sign up for guaranteed food at the MKT is Monday... I'll be doing my shopping on Tuesday...
I usually have some extra at each meal, but if you don't sign up, don't cry if I turn you away...

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am coming in late this evening does anyone know protocol for late night spot payment and registration? Setup and get settled up tomorrow morning? I called to ask but no did not get anyone.

wilfreeman

I am coming in late this evening does anyone know protocol for late night spot payment and registration? Setup and get settled up tomorrow morning? I called to ask but no did not get anyone.
I would guess one of Jim Henry's guys should be at the gate.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it safe and got set up. If any is wondering why I'm up near the far bathhouse it's because my wife is pregnant and that requires a lot of bathroom breaks.

LanceRobson

Do you know what year the engine was and about how many miles or hours?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Colleagues,

It now looks like we'll be arriving around noon on Thursday with our 14 month old red tick coonhound, Rosie. Rosie will be the white and red bundle of energy with the busy nose....

Ideally we'll find a level enough site with electricity to set up our camper and a 12' x 16' fly and have a little ground space for some items that don't need to be covered.

This will be Nancy's first MV show since the 2017 GA rally and only her second one in the south. She may remember Wheel from our Central NY life and Micro from the GA rally and she'll know Jim Henry (and Danny Collins if he makes it) from the Aberdeen, MD and Gilbert, PA shows but the rest of you will be new to her-and maybe to me. We'll both have a lot of new names to remember so please bear with us as we learn them.

Now that I think about it, I think that the last time she saw Wheel may have been the 2013 or 2014 NY-Penn MVCC club picnic weekend at our farm. I seem to remember that Wheel already had the pins pulled from a few smoke grenades to break contact from upstate NY and redeploy to NC......

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks