• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official NC Denton Rally 24-28 apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning to head that way sometime late morning and be there about lunchtime. I spent today getting my truck ready and doing a little maintenance. If anyone needs me to bring anything just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my mobile #.

CGarbee

Really glad that I was able to attend the event again this year after a two year absence due to work conflicts... A big thanks to those that helped with the MKT (especially Mike Crowe) and to my friends at Rockridge Offroad who stopped by to check on me (they help me run the Graves Mountain Trailrides and Rally over Labor Day weekend, but spent this past weekend riding the trails at Uwharrie).
I posted the links to my photo albums on Facebook and Flickr over on the event's photo thread. I took 206 photos (including one of every vehicle in the BBQ Convoy...).

I am already thinking about next year... :)

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
made it home about an hour ago, had an awesome time hanging out with everyone and enjoyed helping Cabell with the MKT, and thanks for all the great deals guys looking forward to next year already.

wbdodgeiv

Attachments

Last edited:

michigandon

Been home since about 1400. Cruised on home without any incidents or tragedies. Thanks to ALL that put forth the effort to make this another memorable event, and I especially want to thank those who helped make my bum starter situation just a wee bit less painful. You know who you are!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a slight issue on the way home. The air valve solenoid for the fan clutch kept messing up and the fan would not engage, so the truck would start running hot. I pulled over a couple times and the valve would start working but at the third time it did that I opened the kick panel and disconnected the valve so the fan would just stay on. I had a great time again this year and enjoyed seeing all of you.
2019-04-28 11.48.15.jpg2019-04-27 20.02.03.jpg2019-04-26 17.27.31.jpg2019-04-26 17.27.24.jpg2019-04-26 16.13.00.jpg2019-04-26 16.13.03.jpg

Skinner23

Had a blast again this year! Best part about these things is making a few new friends every time I go! Can’t wait to see everyone again next year! And a big thanks to every who works to make it all happen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same problem I had fan not engaging! I stopped left engine running aired truck down and fan came on cooled truck then lifted cab took hose off at shroud bent hose over and zipped tied it up fan ran constantly and temp stayed at 200

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same problem I had fan not engaging! I stopped left engine running aired truck down and fan came on cooled truck then lifted cab took hose off at shroud bent hose over and zipped tied it up fan ran constantly and temp stayed at 200
Yeah I am now thinking about adding a separate switch to kill power to that valve and keep the fan on, might be worthwhile for towing, hill country, etc.

LanceRobson

We got home about 3 PM yesterday. We had a great time and sold the stuff we wanted to move out so we have some elbow room to start painting the block walls in the basement and hanging new permanent commercial duty shelves.

Nancy is still geeked out over the Huey ride. We talked to an old friend (a former company commander of mine) today and she was still fired up while she was telling him about it. And this from a woman who climbs, kayaks big water and loves high and fast zip-lines.

After having herself wound up and mouthy the whole weekend Rosie the red tick hound ate a meal when we got home, did her business and slept through to this morning at 5:30 AM. She ate again, went for a walk and went back to sleep until almost noon. After spending an hour trying to get our 18 year old cat to play she's sleeping again......

BTW, I got hit up for $190 for a camping space and to vend even though I told them I was vending from my camping space. That seems high for the venue and the amount of people through the gate. Or is it just me and that's the going rate?

Thanks to all who helped make things happen and for your good fellowship.

Lance and Nancy

wilfreeman

We got home about 3 PM yesterday. We had a great time and sold the stuff we wanted to move out so we have some elbow room to start painting the block walls in the basement and hanging new permanent commercial duty shelves.

Nancy is still geeked out over the Huey ride. We talked to an old friend (a former company commander of mine) today and she was still fired up while she was telling him about it. And this from a woman who climbs, kayaks big water and loves high and fast zip-lines.

After having herself wound up and mouthy the whole weekend Rosie the red tick hound ate a meal when we got home, did her business and slept through to this morning at 5:30 AM. She ate again, went for a walk and went back to sleep until almost noon. After spending an hour trying to get our 18 year old cat to play she's sleeping again......

BTW, I got hit up for $190 for a camping space and to vend even though I told them I was vending from my camping space. That seems high for the venue and the amount of people through the gate. Or is it just me and that's the going rate?

Thanks to all who helped make things happen and for your good fellowship.

Lance and Nancy
I paid $135 for 3 nights camping ($90), 1 adult ticket with vehicle display, 1 regular adult ticket and 2 child tickets.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck Lance? $190? Makes no sense. I had the trailer next to Josh. They only charged me $90 for "rough" camping with electric and the vendor space, which was as big as your spot. By the way, Rosie was a sweetheart (never met Nancy who I'm sure is a sweetheart too). Love that puppy energy.

CGarbee

The first year that we held the event at the Farmpark, I was charged close to $200, and they had me put the MKT up on the access road between the event field and the camping area (the vendor area).
The next year, and every time that I have been back, they have charged me $90 and I have set up the MKT in the camping area in the middle of the Steelsoldiers crowd...with a very strong understanding that I am NOT serving food to the public (and, thus, am not a vendor...).

wbdodgeiv

I was charged $30 to tent camp from Friday - Sunday for our family (2 adults + 2 little kids.) Granted we weren’t selling anything, they didn’t ask though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks