• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GTA Drum GTA500F Collapsible Fabric Fuel Drums available for sale

fcbrants

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read the forum rules & I'm about 99.5% certain that I'm abiding by them, but please let me know if I'm not.

I received an email today from one of the auction houses that I've done business with, letting me know they have a "very large quantity" of these fuel drums for sale.

I purchased 4 for myself & thought I would post my contact's info here, just in case anybody wanted to take a look-see.

This isn't an auction, he's just selling them directly. I promised I wouldn't disclose the price, but I will say that the price is extremely attractive.

He did specify that they are "new in box/crate" & located in Barstow, CA.

You can contact him directly:

Michael Agnew
magnew@ritchiebros.com
Government Wholesale Represntative
Cell: 717.552.5820

Cheers!!

Franko

Photos!!

1592287_11703_0_0001.jpg1592287_11703_0_0002.jpg1592287_11703_0_0003.jpg1592287_11703_159_0001.jpg1592287_11703_160_0001.jpg1592287_11703_161_0001.jpg1592287_11703_162_0001.jpg1592287_11703_13460_0001.jpgA1QSCI18035726C.JPG

Scrounger

Blivets came in handy for us. We would secure one is a 105 when we went out on ops. Unlike the Beta tanks they would deflate as the fuel was taken out. Even with baffles the Beta fuel tanks would get squirrelly when half filled. Park the trailer a little higher than the vehicle to be fueled and allow gravity to do its thing.

It looks like the contract date for the one in the image is 2008 with a manufacture date of 2010. And they come with the fittings. As long as they are kept out of the sun, they will last a long time.

fcbrants

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started reading the TM & this really is a handy piece of kit. It has adapter assemblies at Both ends, so you can connect a group of tanks in series. It also has a swivel plate at both ends, which effectively becomes the "non-rotating" hub of the wheel, if it needs to be towed.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we've been wondering if Richie Bros is selling DOD surplus outside of the auction process, guess we have our answer.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are extremely squirrely fully filled 500 gal. I bought a lot of water ones. Same thing but tan.

I had one in a m105 being pulled by a 5 ton at a crawl. Hit a rut/pot hole and before I could blink a 105 was on its side. Bladder had like 6 ratchet straps. When that puppy started rocking , rest is history.

Pintle adapters are out there. Most get junked as most don't know what they are for. Inactive member here donated one to my boy scout camp.

Plan b. Flat bed double axle 7ton xm1073....

fcbrants

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I wouldn't call my transaction "outside of the auction process."

I re-read my original post, which definitely made it sound like he is, but I should add the following info for clarity:

He contacted me because I saved a tank listing on a previous auction. He invited me to make an offer & he rejected my first offer as being too low. He hasn't invoiced me yet, as I believe he is evaluating other offers.

It was more like a sealed bid auction.

I asked his permission to share his info with a group (Steel Soldiers Genset Junkies) that might be interested & he agreed.

Well we've been wondering if Richie Bros is selling DOD surplus outside of the auction process, guess we have our answer.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

They are extremely squirrely fully filled 500 gal. I bought a lot of water ones. Same thing but tan.

I had one in a m105 being pulled by a 5 ton at a crawl. Hit a rut/pot hole and before I could blink a 105 was on its side. Bladder had like 6 ratchet straps. When that puppy started rocking , rest is history.

Pintle adapters are out there. Most get junked as most don't know what they are for. Inactive member here donated one to my boy scout camp.

Plan b. Flat bed double axle 7ton xm1073....
Why the Army banned such (or 600gal pods) from M105 somewhere around 1980. Overloaded, topheavy, and unbaffled.

fcbrants

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes sense.

BUT!!

Now we have a (good enough...) excuse to buy the M989A1 HEAVY EXPANDED MOBILITY AMMUNITION TRAILER:

PERFORMANCE FEATURESMISSION PAYLOAD
Primary: four Multiple Launch Rocket System pods
Secondary: rockets, missiles and ammunition, palletized/unpalletizedcargo
Fuel transport: two 2,271.2 liter / 600 gal. pods or

two 1,892.7 liter / 500 gal. bladders

M989A1.jpg

Bingo!!

Why the Army banned such (or 600gal pods) from M105 somewhere around 1980. Overloaded, topheavy, and unbaffled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks