• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep009B Issue

Brooksj10

IÂ’m new so I hope this question finds itÂ’s way to someone that can help. I purchased a Mep009B 200kw generator from GovPlanet. It needed a few parts, oil and all of the usual things. The generator come to life when we tested it but we found out quickly that we couldnÂ’t shut it off... we finally starved the engine of fuel but not before turning my workshop into eight shades of pitch black. Upon further inspection to the issue we found that a screw in the fuel pump was holding the shut off valve to open but before we found that issue my brother accidentally ground out the DC power on the shut off valve. Since then the engine will crank and run but the rpm will throttle up, drop down almost to turning off before throttling up again. I can’t figure out if the millisecond of direct short caused damage to one of the components and if so, where? There doesnÂ’t seem to be a reset or fuse besides the one on the alternator. It is worth mentioning that since the DC power short, we have to turn on the Battle Short switch to crank the engine. Without throwing the switch, none of the DC power comes up to start the fuel pumps or open the fuel valves. If you have any suggestions I would certainly appreciate any help you could give.

NEIOWA

Got one with 18 hr for my FD around 2002. TM was not available for public release for the 009B. Finally gave up checking after 10yrs or so,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks