• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804 a/b

Anyone have any experience worth 804s negative or positive
Also regarding parts availability are parts location easy for them
How about working on the vs 803

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
About the only difference between the models is the engine. The B model engine was found to be a bit more robust, easyer to maintain. The 804 is just a bigger 803. I liked them

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are 3PH machines only, versus 1/3PH selectable like the 803 and smaller. Yes, you can tap two of three legs, but then you are back to the output of the 803 (and not better off for it). Do you have a need for 3PH power only?

robertsears1

I have both. My 804a has the Isuzu engine with mechanical fuel pump and had around 46 hours when I got it. It now has around 150 hours and recently chewed up the fan belt and the water pump has started to make noises, new bearings are in my future on that one at a minimum. I also had to replace the magnetic pickup and it would lose prime sometimes for no apparent reason. I found a manual priming pump on eBay. The 804b has the Yanmar turbo. It had around 400 hrs at purchase and I put almost 500 hours on it running a FDECU-5 heat pump last summer. I would rate the “b” slightly more robust since it will start the FDECU almost everytime while the “a” will almost always show a short when the compressor comes on due to the inrush of current. I am not sure if the short circuit protection is overly sensitive, I haven’t really looked into the problem yet. I bought mine to run 3 phase equipment but one will probably become surplus to my needs when I get my 60 kw gen going.

Robert Sears

Last edited:
I have both. My 804a has the Isuzu engine with mechanical fuel pump and had around 46 hours when I got it. It now has around 150 hours and recently chewed up the fan belt and the water pump has started to make noises, new bearings are in my future on that one at a minimum. I also had to replace the magnetic pickup and it would lose prime sometimes for no apparent reason. I found a manual priming pump on eBay. The 804b has the Yanmar turbo. It had around 400 hrs and I put almost 500 hours on it running a FDECE-5 heat pump last summer. I would rate the “b” slightly more robust since it will start the FDECU almost everytime while the “a” will almost always show a short when the compressor comes on due to the inrush of current. I am not sure if the short circuit protection is overly sensitive, I haven’t really looked into the problem yet. I bought mine to run 3 phase equipment but one will probably become surplus to my needs when I get my 60 kw gen going.

Robert Sears
Where they high hour units
I’m asking because I have a 803a and was considering swapping for a 804 thank you for info I’ll probably stick with mine

Understood
But what’s better turbo on non turbo
What would age better
what model would have better parts availability

About the only difference between the models is the engine. The B model engine was found to be a bit more robust, easyer to maintain. The 804 is just a bigger 803. I liked them
Can you convert the 15kw to single phase?

They are 3PH machines only, versus 1/3PH selectable like the 803 and smaller. Yes, you can tap two of three legs, but then you are back to the output of the 803 (and not better off for it). Do you have a need for 3PH power only?
No I don’t
And I thought all mep generators where selectable
Thank you for the info
And a costly mistake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks