• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newer member

Sthrnamp

Hey all! I bought our duece last February and have loved it and the information gathered here. Needing a bit more help with a local, reliable service provider in the mid TN area. Any suggestions would be huge! Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, as for service, working on these ol' trucks is half the fun. The big truck shops really don't want to deal with them, maybe a independent shop w/ and ol' timer still at it.
Have fun, be safe.

Sthrnamp

Thank you all for the welcome. Currently I am in need of getting the brake circuit back functioning properly...lol! On the way home with it the brakes went out, but I managed to safely pull into a parking lot, find some fluid, top off the reservoir and make my way the rest of the way home. My thought is that I have at least one bad wheel cylinder so I'd rather err on the side of caution and have some one with experience year it down and rebuild the entire brake system....for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sthrnamp

I've found the wheel cylinders at big Mike's, but I wonder how much I should plan on redoing....should I go ahead and flip the hubs and do tires while I'm at it? I'm thinking of keeping the original wheels for the time being and putting G177s on. What would be the largest side I could get on a stock duece without a lift?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found the wheel cylinders at big Mike's, but I wonder how much I should plan on redoing....should I go ahead and flip the hubs and do tires while I'm at it? I'm thinking of keeping the original wheels for the time being and putting G177s on. What would be the largest side I could get on a stock duece without a lift?

11.00R20 G177s. This is as big as you can safely go on the stock rims.

pipicturkpic.jpg

Sthrnamp

We have 395s on deuce A3 combat wheels in cookeville TN
Simp, these wheels would require that I single out the rear, correct? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay "dualed" on the rear after reading a BUNCH of posts on here. Which, as I understand it, pretty much relegates me to the G177s. Right? Will you guys still mount to factory wheels? Any package deals for ten tires mounted?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks