• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GETT trailer generator head replacement

armyrino

Hey there everyone. back online been gone for a while. just finished up full change out of a 25kw generator head for one of the GETT trailers I sold to a customer 2 years ago. After they put over 10,000 hours on it they rotor was damaged. For those of you who know me I work on allot of generators and allot of the crash and GETT trailers with the Generators and ECU mounted on a trailer. so anyways. I ordered a complete generator head from the manufacture and completed the full swap out and test run. Everything went smooth and only took about 5 hours from start to finish. That's with removing all enclosure and controls and reassembly. They wanted to keep it 3phase configuration to keep using the ECU if needed. I can reconfigure the generator heads for single or three phase operation. 3 phase keeps the 20k rating and single phase drops it by 15 percent. so still around 15kw which is plenty for most uses. I will be posting some pics asap and feel free to ask a y questions. Thanks guys . I will try to get on more often with all my projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks