• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Spain!

ROB351

Hi guys,
I'm Roberto, and I'm here thanks to the instructions of a friend.I write from Spain, and a few months ago I bought a Chevy M1009 CUCV'85.I had been dreaming of one of these vehicles for some time!
Mine was on an American base in Spain. (I live in Spain).
The previous owner painted it black, and now I am trying to leave it a little more "domestic".I have many doubts and things to do still.

This is my darling:

IMG-20181217-WA0055.jpg
Soon I will post some pictures.
Greetings from Spain!!
P.D. Sorry for my English

Attachments

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice and great score. Welcome to the best MV site on the web.

Can you snap a picture of the vin plate. was it Air Force or Army

Moron

I loved Malaga.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roberto, welcome from Kentucky. Good looking truck. Vacationed in Spain last October, beautiful country, great food.

ROB351

no queda bien escrito

I'm glad you like it!!
I am very excited about the project!!!!
I love! It had been a long time since I ventured into something to do crafts.
For now, the pending things are:
- Maintenance (filters, oils, heaters, hoses, belts, everything already requested)
- Complete upholstery. The driver's seat is broken. The one of the companion and the back sidewalk dirty, but acceptable. The dashboard and the dirty door panels. But I prefer to upholster everything to my liking.
- When removing the board, I will take the opportunity to clean the contacts and check the watches, and repair or replace them, as they do not always work.
- Check the electrical installation and prepare it for new lights and radio.
- Complete carpet. This is not clear to me. At first I was going to put it in line with the seats and put an insulator, but I think that if I leave it without a roof I will become bitter with the dust and the carpet, so I do not know, I leave it on the floor. how are the things going.
- Shock absorbers (already at home too -KYB-)
- Wheels. They are not old, but I would use them to put other tires of 31 "(it's the maximum I can put.) I also have some spacers for the rear axle and chrome wheels 8x15 at home.
- Paint the ceiling. It was military green. I already have it painted (now I put pictures).
- Paint the front defense. It's military green. I also have it, and I will also post photos.
- The paint should be polished, since it has a little orange peel. At 5 meters it looks ok, but up close is not well painted.
- Mount a rollbar. I love the idea of ​​leaving it without a roof and mounting an anti-roll bar. Here is why I wonder if the carpet or not. I already have the bow, and I lack the back straps. It will be short, so that it is inside the ceiling. I hope to have it ready this week.
- Stain the moons. The problem is that I have to put the critals, because at this moment they are methacrylate and they do not have a solar sheet (they are also tinted)
It will be beautiful!!!!!!
P.D (1). The car comes from Rota base M1078MAN, not Moron [thumbzup]
P.D (2). I'm looking for information in the forum about mechanics, since I'm a bit surprised that the radiator upper sleeve has some pressure.
P.D (3). Sorry for my English

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds like you have big plans for your truck!

Tell us more about your radiator issue. Is the upper hose leaking or blowing off?

ROB351

Yes!! I love it!!

Thanks for your response. I was talking about the upper sleeve, the one that comes out of the engine. From my point of view it has more pressure than normal, but I do not know exactly these engines if they work under a lot of pressure. In Spain, we are used to very small European engines.I have been observing the coolant, and it is completely green, there are no oily spots. On the other hand, I have observed that the coolant has dropped a little, but I think it may be due to a small leak in the expansion vessel.

I am looking in the forum for a specific section to present my toy, or should I do it in this same presentation thread?Thanks !!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks