• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

auction buyers

CapePrep

I might be getting my hand slapped for this, I hope not! There were 2 lots of multiple Onan engines sold today on "that" site. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to get in touch with the buyers. Either thru the auction site or?? Looking for some MEP engine stuff. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, ask the auction site.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you ask the auction site to have the winning bidder contact you at your registered e-mail address. They pass the information to the winning bidder. Whether the winning bidder ever does anything with the information, is a completely different question. My experience so far is 50-50.

CapePrep

Smoke-I did. The shipping quote is almost $300, so I am at $450(ish) for a questionable block. Trying to see if I am willing to gamble that $. I would think I could find a complete but stuck motor for that kind of coin. I'm not in a rush, so just looking at all the options. I wish there was a way to contact the buyers of those 3 lots of engines.
Thanks for your help
That stinks. Did you investigate the $130 short blocks?

smokem joe

I've got a stuck short block you could have for $100 if you can find a cheap way to ship it. Fastenal or someone on here? I'm outside of Akron OH for distance reference. I can get it to fastenal

smokem joe

There was a lot of 13 engines that sold today. Only went for $3005. I put in a low bid, but I have no use for that many motors and didn't want to pay to ship that many. To bad you can't get in touch with the winner of that! Looked to me like remans or new.

Ray70

All 4 lots of LPW4 motors that sold over the last couple weeks were all used / cores. ( that's not to say they won't run ) They were not new or rebuilds. I was bidding on them as well, but like Smokem joe said, It would be nice to have a few, but I don't need 11 or 13 of them. I would however be interested in buying a couple if you guys ever get in touch with any of the winning bidders. Lot of 11 a couple weeks ago went for $2100 and like $2500 for 13 of them. Well worth the money if you have a use for them!

CapePrep

I still haven't heard from them. I can't imagine that whoever bought them would need that many. Or, what are they using them for? There seem to be quite a few lot's have come up as of late. I am going to reach out to GP again.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though its an online process to bid and buy... not all mil surplus buyers want anything to do with the 'net past whats necessary. So its possible that the reach out notes simply havent been seen. Glass half full and all.

Guyfang

Staff member
I still haven't heard from them. I can't imagine that whoever bought them would need that many. Or, what are they using them for? There seem to be quite a few lot's have come up as of late. I am going to reach out to GP again.
Way before EBay, back in the 80's, a friend of mine bought over 40 gen set at a DRMO sale in Toole, Utah. He stripped the alternators out of them and mated pumps to the engines. Sold them all in Mexico. Then started again. Lots of reasons to buy large lots.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats interesting, but not unsurprising. After all, Lister-Petter used to be one of the biggest players in small scale stationary power. Their older single cylinder 6/1 (and now Indian clone) are STILL in use across the developing world. Powering anything and everything you can think of from water pumps, to anything which can be belt driven.

Edit: 80s... ok, so probably not L-P, but still valid comments about stationary power repurpose.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All 4 lots of LPW4 motors that sold over the last couple weeks were all used / cores. ( that's not to say they won't run ) They were not new or rebuilds. I was bidding on them as well, but like Smokem joe said, It would be nice to have a few, but I don't need 11 or 13 of them. I would however be interested in buying a couple if you guys ever get in touch with any of the winning bidders. Lot of 11 a couple weeks ago went for $2100 and like $2500 for 13 of them. Well worth the money if you have a use for them!
But by the time they figure in the shipping costs they paid and a little profit ,most people won't want to pay their price plus more shipping costs.

smokem joe

Some of the ones I saw had the paint intact on the exhaust manifolds. That would make them pretty fresh based on appearance anyway.

smokem joe

Well based off of info learned from a contact at Adelmans that is where all the recent lots of engines ended up. Capeprep that is why you haven't gotten any response from trying to contact them. They have no interest in a private sale.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well based off of info learned from a contact at Adelmans that is where all the recent lots of engines ended up. Capeprep that is why you haven't gotten any response from trying to contact them. They have no interest in a private sale.
They plan on private sales at retail price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks